Writing a great child psychologist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own child psychologist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the child psychologist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (137) 293-6907 | Chandler, AZ
Child Psychologist at Banner Health, AZMar 2022 - Present
- Led a study that showed that children who are read to at bedtime have better sleep habits.
- Wrote a book on child development that is used in universities across the country.
- Created a program that helps parents of children with ADHD manage their child's condition.
- Founded a non-profit organization dedicated to helping kids with mental health disorders.
- Helped develop an app for parents of kids with autism to help them communicate more effectively with their children.
Associate Child Psychologist at Phoenix Children's Hospital, AZJul 2020 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 4 child psychologists in providing psychological services to children aged 3-12 with various mental disorders.
- Administered and interpreted intelligence tests, projective personality measures, and academic achievement assessments to 100+ patients.
- Wrote detailed clinical reports for each patient summarizing assessment results and treatment recommendations.
- Presented at 2 national conferences on the topic of early intervention for autism spectrum disorder.
- Authored 5 peer-reviewed journal articles on topics related to child development and psychopathology.
- Trained 10 new graduate students in administering standardized assessments.
Intern Child Psychologist at University of Arizona Health Network, AZAug 2015 - May 2020
- Led a study with 50 participants that showed evidence-based methods can help children who have faced trauma.
- Wrote an article on the findings of the study which was published in "The Journal of Child Psychology".
- Presented the findings of the study at a conference for child psychologists.
- Was asked to be a guest speaker on a podcast about childhood trauma and its effects.
- Counseled 10 families dealing with issues such as ADHD, anxiety, and depression.
- Successfully implemented 5 behavior intervention plans for children with autism.
Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology at Arizona State UniversitySep 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to research, critically analyze, and think deeply about psychological topics.
- Child Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Clinical Assessment
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
email@example.com | (524) 768-3391 | Jackson, MS
Child Psychologist at Jackson Child Psychology, MSMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of researchers in studying the effects of different types of abuse on children's mental health.
- Authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles on topics related to child psychology.
- Presented at international conferences on findings from research studies conducted.
- Acted as a consultant to various organizations working with abused and neglected children.
- Trained new graduate students in child psychology research methods and techniques.
- Directed a large-scale study investigating the long-term impacts of early childhood trauma.
Associate Child Psychologist at Mississippi Child Psychology, MSAug 2020 - Mar 2022
- Authored a study that was published in "The Journal of Child Psychology" which helped to further the understanding of early childhood development.
- Wrote a book on child psychology that is used as a textbook in many universities.
- Conducted groundbreaking research on ADHD and its effects on children.
- Presented at numerous conferences around the world on various topics related to child psychology.
- Helped develop new methods for diagnosing and treating mental disorders in children.
- Worked with hundreds of individual children and families to help them overcome psychological difficulties.
Intern Child Psychologist at Hattiesburg Child Psychology, MSJul 2015 - Jul 2020
- Led a study with 30 participants that showed evidence of the positive effects of art therapy on children with anxiety disorders.
- Presented findings at a conference and received feedback from peers.
- Wrote an article based on the study which was published in a journal.
- Conducted individual therapy sessions with 10 clients aged 6-12 years old to help them cope with various issues such as trauma, ADHD, depression, etc.
- Used play therapy techniques to assist 3 clients aged 4-5 years old in resolving social and emotional issues.
- Monitored progress of all clients using psychological assessment tools and provided updates to parents/caregivers.
Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology at Mississippi State UniversitySep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to treat patients with different mental disorders using different psychological methods.
- Child psychology
- Developmental psychology
- Abnormal child psychology
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Clinical child psychology