Writing a great chemistry professor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own chemistry professor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the chemistry professor job you're after.
email@example.com | (206) 781-7504 | 8372 SE Maple St
As an experienced Chemistry professor with over 8 years of teaching experience, I am adept in developing engaging lesson plans, developing and administering examinations, and providing feedback to students. I am experienced in developing and leading laboratory experiments, designing educational materials, and utilizing technology in the classroom to enhance student learning. I have extensive knowledge of chemistry principles and concepts, enabling me to effectively teach students of all levels. I have worked in both traditional and online classroom environments, allowing me to be comfortable with a variety of teaching and learning styles. I take great pride in my ability to build relationships with students, colleagues, and administrators, and to foster a positive learning environment.
Chemistry Professor at University of Washington, WAMar 2022 - Present
- Authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles in prestigious chemistry journals.
- Led research teams of up to 12 students at a time.
- Presented findings at national and international conferences.
- Actively participated in departmental committees.
- Wrote successful grant proposals totaling over $2 million dollars in funding.
- Taught undergraduate courses including General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry.
Associate Chemistry Professor at Washington State University, WASep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Authored over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Presented research at over 30 national and international conferences.
- Co-authored a book on analytical chemistry.
- Led a team of 4 graduate students in original research projects.
- Actively participated in departmental committees, including serving as chair of the Curriculum Committee for 3 years.
- Taught 12 different undergraduate and graduate courses.
Assistant Chemistry Professor at Pacific Lutheran University, WAJul 2015 - Jul 2018
- Led a research team of 4 graduate students and 2 undergraduate students that resulted in 3 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Wrote successful grant proposals to the National Science Foundation and the American Chemical Society totaling $250,000 in funding for my research program.
- Taught General Chemistry to 400 undergraduates per year while maintaining a student evaluations rating of 4.5/5.0 (out of 5).
- Advised 8 chemistry majors who all went on to graduate school or professional programs within 6 months of graduation.
- Served as departmental liaison to industry, coordinating internships and job opportunities for our students with local employers.
PhD in Chemistry at University of Washington, WAAug 2011 - May 2015
In my PhD I have learned how to do independent research, how to think critically about scientific problems, and how to communicate my findings to others.
- Computer Science
firstname.lastname@example.org | (614) 791-2057 | 1005 W. 7th St. Anderson, IN 46016
I am an experienced Chemistry Professor with over 8 years of teaching and research experience. I have a track record of success in developing and delivering innovative, rigorous and engaging lectures, labs, and seminars. I have a strong interest in working with students to develop their understanding of chemistry, and to increase their appreciation for the relevance of chemistry in their everyday lives. I am also experienced in developing and delivering innovative and engaging online course materials. I have a deep understanding of the importance of chemistry in our ever-changing world, and I strive to bring this knowledge to my students.
Chemistry Professor at Purdue University, INMay 2022 - Present
- Authored a textbook on advanced inorganic chemistry that is used by universities across the country.
- Developed a new method for synthesizing organic compounds that has been adopted by major chemical companies.
- Presented papers at international conferences on my findings in the field of physical chemistry.
- Wrote over 50 peer-reviewed articles published in leading scientific journals.
- Was awarded tenure and promoted to Full Professor at XYZ University.
- Served as Department Chair for 5 years.
Associate Chemistry Professor at , INSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Authored or co-authored over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Led or co-led 3 major research projects, resulting in over $1 million in grant funding.
- Delivered over 20 invited lectures at national and international conferences.
- Served on the editorial board of 2 journals.
- Chaired or served on 5 conference organizing committees.
- Mentored 10 undergraduate students, 4 graduate students, and 2 postdoctoral fellows.
Assistant Chemistry Professor at Indiana University, INSep 2015 - Jul 2019
- Wrote and published 4 papers in well-respected peer-reviewed journals.
- Presented research at 3 national conferences.
- Actively involved in the departmental curriculum development process, resulting in 2 new courses being added to the chemistry program.
- Mentored 5 undergraduate students through independent research projects.
- Awarded tenure and promoted to Associate Professor.
PhD in Chemistry at Indiana University BloomingtonAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to effectively communicate research findings, how to work independently on long-term projects, and how to troubleshoot experiments.
- Computer Science