firstname.lastname@example.org | (206) 781-7504 | 8372 SE Maple St
Chemistry Professor at University of Washington, WAMar 2022 - Present
- Authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles in prestigious chemistry journals.
- Led research teams of up to 12 students at a time.
- Presented findings at national and international conferences.
- Actively participated in departmental committees.
- Wrote successful grant proposals totaling over $2 million dollars in funding.
- Taught undergraduate courses including General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry.
Associate Chemistry Professor at Washington State University, WASep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Authored over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Presented research at over 30 national and international conferences.
- Co-authored a book on analytical chemistry.
- Led a team of 4 graduate students in original research projects.
- Actively participated in departmental committees, including serving as chair of the Curriculum Committee for 3 years.
- Taught 12 different undergraduate and graduate courses.
Assistant Chemistry Professor at Pacific Lutheran University, WAJul 2015 - Jul 2018
- Led a research team of 4 graduate students and 2 undergraduate students that resulted in 3 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Wrote successful grant proposals to the National Science Foundation and the American Chemical Society totaling $250,000 in funding for my research program.
- Taught General Chemistry to 400 undergraduates per year while maintaining a student evaluations rating of 4.5/5.0 (out of 5).
- Advised 8 chemistry majors who all went on to graduate school or professional programs within 6 months of graduation.
- Served as departmental liaison to industry, coordinating internships and job opportunities for our students with local employers.
PhD in Chemistry at University of Washington, WAAug 2011 - May 2015
In my PhD I have learned how to do independent research, how to think critically about scientific problems, and how to communicate my findings to others.
- Computer Science
email@example.com | (614) 791-2057 | 1005 W. 7th St. Anderson, IN 46016
Chemistry Professor at Purdue University, INMay 2022 - Present
- Authored a textbook on advanced inorganic chemistry that is used by universities across the country.
- Developed a new method for synthesizing organic compounds that has been adopted by major chemical companies.
- Presented papers at international conferences on my findings in the field of physical chemistry.
- Wrote over 50 peer-reviewed articles published in leading scientific journals.
- Was awarded tenure and promoted to Full Professor at XYZ University.
- Served as Department Chair for 5 years.
Associate Chemistry Professor at , INSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Authored or co-authored over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Led or co-led 3 major research projects, resulting in over $1 million in grant funding.
- Delivered over 20 invited lectures at national and international conferences.
- Served on the editorial board of 2 journals.
- Chaired or served on 5 conference organizing committees.
- Mentored 10 undergraduate students, 4 graduate students, and 2 postdoctoral fellows.
Assistant Chemistry Professor at Indiana University, INSep 2015 - Jul 2019
- Wrote and published 4 papers in well-respected peer-reviewed journals.
- Presented research at 3 national conferences.
- Actively involved in the departmental curriculum development process, resulting in 2 new courses being added to the chemistry program.
- Mentored 5 undergraduate students through independent research projects.
- Awarded tenure and promoted to Associate Professor.
PhD in Chemistry at Indiana University BloomingtonAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to effectively communicate research findings, how to work independently on long-term projects, and how to troubleshoot experiments.
- Computer Science