Writing a great charge nurse resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own charge nurse resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the charge nurse job you're after.
email@example.com | (913) 751-1623 | Harrisburg, PA
I am a Charge Nurse with over 5 years of experience in the medical field. I have worked in both inpatient and outpatient settings, and have gained a wealth of knowledge in patient care. I am an expert at managing staff and resources, and excel at providing high-quality patient care. I am passionate about my work, and take pride in ensuring that all patients receive the best possible care.
Charge Nurse at University of Pennsylvania Health System, PAMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 20 nurses in providing care for 70 patients.
- Implemented new policies that improved patient satisfaction scores by 15%.
- Trained 5 new nurses on the floor procedures.
- Reduced medication errors by 10% through better organization and communication among the nursing staff.
- Successfully completed XYZ project which resulted in $XYZ savings for the hospital.
Staff Nurse at Penn Medicine, PAAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Trained new staff on infection control protocols and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment, resulting in a decrease in nosocomial infections by 50%.
- Led the implementation of a new patient charting system which resulted in decreased documentation time by nurses by an average of 15 minutes per shift.
- Successfully advocated for additional staffing on night shift to provide better care for patients and improve working conditions for nurses.
- Decreased medication errors on the unit by 75% through development and implementation of a double-checking protocol.
- Recognized as Employee of the Month 3 times for providing excellent patient care and serving as a positive role model to other members of the nursing team.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Community College of PhiladelphiaAug 2013 - May 2017
Patient assessment, care planning, nursing interventions, and evaluation.
- Patient Care
- Medication Administration
- IV Therapy
- Wound Care
- Patient assessment
firstname.lastname@example.org | (390) 665-9289 | Salt Lake City, UT
I am a Charge Nurse with over 5 years of experience. I have worked in a variety of settings, including hospitals and clinics. I have a strong background in patient care and nursing management. I am an excellent communicator and team leader. I am passionate about providing quality patient care and improving the delivery of healthcare services.
Charge Nurse at Intermountain Healthcare, UTMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 nurses in providing care for 75 patients on an acute medical unit.
- Collaborated with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team to develop and implement patient care plans.
- Monitored patients' progress and coordinated nursing interventions to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Assessed, planned, implemented, and evaluated nursing care for assigned patients.
- Demonstrated expert clinical skills in managing complex cardiac conditions.
Staff Nurse at University of Utah Health, UTJul 2017 - Jan 2022
- Provided direct patient care to a total of 30 patients on an adult medical-surgical floor, with a focus on post-operative and cardiac patients.
- Monitored vital signs, managed IV lines and medications, performed wound care, provided emotional support.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of individualized patient care plans.
- Acted as charge nurse on 3 occasions when unit was short staffed; ensured all staff were oriented to their assignments for the shift.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary team members to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Dixie State University, UTSep 2012 - May 2017
Through my Associate Degree in Nursing program, I have learned how to effectively communicate with patients, families, and other healthcare providers; how to provide high-quality, patient-centered care; and how to work as part of a healthcare team.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills