Writing a great character artist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own character artist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the character artist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (827) 882-8718 | Hilo, HI
I am a Character Artist with over 3 years experience in the industry. I have worked on several AAA titles, and my skills include modeling, texturing, rigging, and animation. I am also proficient in Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, and Substance Painter. In addition to my technical skills, I have a good eye for detail and an understanding of human anatomy which helps me create realistic characters.
Lead Character Artist at Pixelplow, HIApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 12 character artists in the development of 50+ characters for an AAA video game, meeting all deadlines and budget constraints.
- Worked closely with the art director to develop the overall look and feel of the game’s characters.
- Created high-quality 3D models that met or exceeded industry standards.
- Textured, rigged, and animated multiple characters using advanced techniques.
- 5) Exported final assets into Unity engine and ensured they functioned correctly within the game environment.
Senior Character Artist at Artistry Lane, HIAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Created 50+ unique characters for AAA video game title.
- Met all deadlines for assigned tasks.
- Exceeded expectations set by art director.
- Trained 3 junior artists on the development pipeline and software used.
- Worked closely with concept artist to ensure vision was met.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Character Animation at University of Hawaii at ManoaAug 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are storyboarding, filmmaking, animation principles, and acting for animation.
- Lighting and Rendering • Animation
email@example.com | (410) 272-9202 | Newark, NJ
As a character artist, I have over 3 years of experience in creating high-quality 2D and 3D characters for video games, movies, and other media. I am skilled in using a variety of software packages to create my art, including Photoshop, ZBrush, Maya, and Unity. My strong attention to detail ensures that all my characters are highly detailed and look lifelike. In addition to this, I am also experienced in rigging characters so they can be used in animation or gameplay.
Lead Character Artist at Blue Sky Studios, NJMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 artists in creating 3d characters for an animated short film that was accepted into multiple festivals.
- Worked with the art director to create designs for 12 new characters that were used in a mobile game app that reached 1 million downloads.
- Created 30 high-quality character illustrations within 2 weeks as part of a pitch presentation that helped secure funding for a new video game project.
- Sculpted 10 detailed busts of popular movie villains which were sold at comic conventions and raised $2000 for charity.
- Designed and modeled 15 original creatures/monsters for an unannounced AAA video game title.
Senior Character Artist at DreamWorks Animation, NJJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Worked on 5+ shipped AAA titles as a senior character artist.
- Led a team of 3-5 artists on 2 projects.
- Successfully completed all assigned tasks within set deadlines.
- Created high quality characters that met or exceeded the expectations of the art director and/or game designer.
- Worked closely with concept artists to create characters that fit the style and vision of the game.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Character Animation at Rutgers University, NJAug 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are: storyboarding, character design, layout, backgrounds, and color.
- 3D modeling
- 3D animation
- Character design
- Concept art