Writing a great butcher resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own butcher resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the butcher job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (741) 967-4119 | 842 Saddle Drive,
I am a Butcher with over three years of experience in the food industry. I have worked in various settings, including supermarkets, restaurants, and butcher shops. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of meat preparation, from selecting cuts to packaging and labeling. I am also experienced in customer service and maintaining a clean work environment.
Lead Butcher at Big Horn Meat Processing, WYMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of butchers in preparing meat for sale.
- Ensured that all meats were properly trimmed and cut.
- Made sure that all meats were fresh and of high quality.
- 5 yrs exp.
- 5 work accomplishments for a Lead Butcher may include:.
- 1. Trained new butchers on proper techniques.
- 2. Cut, trimmed, and prepared over 500 pounds of meat per day.
- 3. Maintained sanitation standards in the butcher department 4 5 Created new methods to increase efficiency in the department.
Butcher at Cody Packing Company, WYAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Cut and trimmed 200 hogs per hour to customer specifications.
- As head butcher, managed a team of 4 butchers and 2 apprentice butchers.
- Trained new hires in proper meat cutting techniques.
- Developed relationships with local farmers to source high quality meats.
- Implemented cost saving measures that decreased overhead by 10%.
High School Diploma at Laramie High School, Laramie, WYAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Cutting meat
- Trimming fat
- Grinding meat
- Mixing spices and marinades
- Wrapping and packaging meats
- Operating machinery (saws, grinders, etc.)
- Cleaning equipment and work areas
email@example.com | (352) 204-4170 | San Diego, CA
I am a Butcher with over 3 years of experience in the field. I have worked in both retail and wholesale settings, and have gained a wealth of knowledge about meat preparation, storage, and sales. I am an expert at using butchering tools to break down large cuts of meat into smaller pieces, as well as trimming fat and removing bone from meats. I also have experience working with customers to select the best cuts of meat for their needs, and can provide cooking tips or advice upon request. In addition to my butchering skills, I am also proficient in operating cash registers and other basic office equipment.
Lead Butcher at Gibson Ranch, CAApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 butchers and 2 apprentices in a busy butcher shop.
- Ensured that all meat products were prepared fresh daily and met high quality standards.
- Trained new staff members in proper meat preparation techniques.
- Created weekly work schedules for the team based on customer demand.
- Actively participated in ordering supplies and maintaining inventory levels.
- Monitored waste levels and took steps to reduce wastage.
Butcher at Harrison Ranch, CAJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Cut and trimmed 200 pieces of meat per hour to meet production demands.
- Maintained a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
- Used power equipment such as saws, grinders, and slicers safely and effectively.
- Weighed, priced, wrapped, and labeled products for sale according to company standards.
- Assisted customers with product selection and provided expert cooking tips upon request.
- Restocked supplies and ensured that the work area was ready for the next shift.
High School Diploma at Los Angeles High School, Los Angeles, CASep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to read, write, and do math.