Writing a great business director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own business director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the business director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (122) 198-5002 | Colorado Springs, CO
I am a highly experienced Business Director with over 8 years of experience in developing and managing successful business operations. My extensive career has allowed me to develop a deep understanding of the key components of business operations, including budgeting, financial planning, and product/service development. My ability to drive strategic change and build high performing teams has enabled me to consistently exceed my goals and objectives. I am experienced in leading large-scale projects and have a proven track record of successful implementations. I am passionate about creating value for my organization and have a strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
Business Director at Blue Star Recyclers, COJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 salespeople responsible for generating $12 million in annual revenue.
- Grew market share by 3% last year through aggressive marketing and expansion into new territories.
- Achieved 110% of quarterly sales targets for the past 4 quarters.
- Negotiated and implemented 5 major contracts with key clients, resulting in increased revenues by 20%.
- Successfully launched 2 new products, which contributed to 10% growth in overall company sales.
Senior Business Director at Colorado Upcyclers, COSep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 15 Business Analysts responsible for providing analysis and recommendations to support the business in meeting its goals.
- Defined, documented, and communicated business requirements to various stakeholders including executive leadership, product management, and development teams.
- Implemented an agile methodology which resulted in a 50% increase in productivity.
- 2 yrs) (Senior Mgr/Dir) (Public Company; 10K-100K employees; Consumer Services industry).
- Led team that delivered $XMM incremental revenue by expanding existing customer relationships through upsell / cross-sell initiatives.
- Grew new customer acquisitions by Y% over prior year period while reducing CAC by Z%. Achieved this via innovative marketing mix that included heavy use of digital channels as well as traditional methods.
Executive Business Director at Eco-Cycle, COAug 2015 - Aug 2019
- Led a team of 15 executives and successfully increased sales by 25%.
- Developed and executed successful marketing campaigns that boosted product awareness by 30%.
- Negotiated favorable contracts with vendors that saved the company $100,000 annually.
- Implemented new policies and procedures that streamlined operations and reduced costs by 10%.
- Managed a budget of $5 million dollars.
Master of Business Administration at University of Colorado BoulderSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to manage people, money, and resources effectively in a business setting.
- Business strategy
- Business development
- Financial analysis
- Organizational development
- Human resources management
email@example.com | (988) 314-6313 | Sioux Falls, SD
As a Business Director with over 8 years of experience, I have a proven track record of developing and implementing successful strategies that have increased efficiency and profitability for various organizations. I have an in-depth knowledge of financial planning, product development, and marketing, and I am an expert in leading teams and managing large-scale projects. My strengths include problem-solving, communication, and collaboration. I am also experienced in managing budgets and ensuring compliance with industry regulations. I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my skills and experience to drive positive change and contribute to the growth of an organization.
Business Director at Boeing, SDMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 in the development and launch of 3 new products, which generated $12 million in revenue in the first year.
- Negotiated and secured a $6 million contract with ABC Corporation.
- Successfully developed and implemented a new marketing strategy that increased sales by 20%.
- Achieved cost savings of $4 million through supply chain improvements.
Senior Business Director at Wells Fargo, SDAug 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 12 Business Directors and achieved quarterly targets for the past 3 years.
- Grew revenue by 15% in 2017.
- Successfully completed 2 mergers and 1 acquisition.
- Developed and executed go-to-market strategies resulting in 10% market share growth.
- Achieved cost savings of $5M through process improvements.
Executive Business Director at Citigroup, SDSep 2015 - Jun 2018
- Led a team of 12 in the development and execution of an annual $2.5 million budget.
- Successfully reorganized the department which resulted in a 15% increase in productivity.
- Negotiated and implemented new contracts with vendors that saved the company $250,000 annually.
- Developed and launched 3 successful marketing campaigns that increased sales by 25%.
- Led weekly meetings with clients to resolve issues/concerns and maintain relationships.
Master of Business Administration at The University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SDAug 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to conduct research, write reports, give presentations, and work in teams.
- Business Strategy
- Business Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Sales Management
- Human Resources Management