Business Development Manager
Writing a great business development manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own business development manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the business development manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (353) 320-3443 | Mobile, AL
I am a Business Development Manager with over 5 years of experience in business development, sales, and marketing. I have a proven track record of success in identifying and developing new business opportunities, managing relationships with key clients, and closing deals. I am an expert at creating powerful sales presentations and pitching products/services to potential customers. I thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve common goals.
Business Development Manager at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, ALApr 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and closed $2 million deal with new client.
- Led team of 4 Business Development Representatives in achieving quarterly sales goals.
- Exceeded personal sales quota by 120%.
- Developed strong relationships with key decision-makers at target companies.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in the win of 3 major projects.
Senior Business Development Manager at Regions Bank, ALJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and closed $5M deal with top client in North America.
- Grew market share by 20% in Europe through effective channel management.
- Developed and executed go-to-market strategy for new product launch which resulted in 30% YoY growth.
- Delivered cost savings of $1.2M through process improvements.
- Defined target markets and created sales pipeline resulting in 200% increase in sales within 1 year.
- Led team of 8 Business Development Managers to achieve quarterly targets.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of AlabamaAug 2012 - May 2017
I have learned how to manage and operate businesses effectively and efficiently.
- Business Strategy
- Business Planning
- Sales Management
- Market Research
- Client Relationship Management
- Project management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (826) 552-4739 | 2037 Snelling Ave N
Over five years of experience in business development, sales management, and team leadership. Consistently exceeded quotas while developing long-term relationships with key clients. Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and successfully negotiate contracts. Adept at building high-performing teams and motivating them to achieve company objectives. Strong analytical skills used to develop strategies that increase market share and profitability
Business Development Manager at PNC Financial Services, MNApr 2022 - Present
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales by developing and managing key accounts, growing existing business 25% in first year.
- Consistently achieved quarterly targets, increasing market share for the company by 15% over a 3-year period.
- Negotiated and closed deals with clients that resulted in yearly revenue of $2.5 million dollars or more.
- Proven success in building relationships with C-level executives and other decision makers within target organizations.
- Generated new leads through effective networking which led to signing 5 major contracts worth $1 million each.
Senior Business Development Manager at U.S. Bancorp, MNJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Developed and executed a sales strategy that increased profits by 25%.
- Grew customer base by 20% through effective account management.
- Negotiated contracts with key suppliers that saved the company $1 million annually.
- Led a team of 10 Business Development Managers to achieve individual and collective targets.
- Won “Manager of the Year” award in recognition of outstanding leadership.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at University of MinnesotaAug 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to manage and lead a team, how to negotiate and how to close a deal, how to do market research and how to write a business plan.
- Business development
- Project management
- Business analysis
- Process improvement
- Change management