Writing a great building maintenance resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own building maintenance resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the building maintenance job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (119) 421-4426 | Atlanta, GA
I have over 1 year of experience in building maintenance. In my previous role, I was responsible for the upkeep and repair of a commercial office building. My duties included painting, minor electrical work, plumbing repairs, and HVAC maintenance. I am a reliable and hardworking individual who takes pride in my work.
Building Maintenance Manager at ServiceMaster, GAMay 2022 - Present
- Hired and trained a team of 5 maintenance workers.
- Implemented a new preventative maintenance program that reduced equipment downtime by 20%.
- Negotiated with vendors to get discounts on parts and supplies, resulting in an annual savings of $5,000.
- Developed a budget for the department that was under 10% of the total operating budget for the facility.
- Led weekly safety meetings which resulted in 0 accidents or injuries over a 6 month period.
- Created an employee recognition program that increased morale by 25%.
Building Maintenance Supervisor at Pritchard Industries, GASep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Hired and trained a team of five maintenance workers.
- Implemented new preventative maintenance program that reduced number of emergency repairs by 25%.
- Negotiated with vendors to get discounts on materials and supplies, saving the company $2,000 per month.
- Developed a tracking system for work orders which resulted in a 15% increase in efficiency.
- Planned and oversaw all building renovations projects under budget and ahead of schedule.
- Created an employee incentive program that boosted morale by 20%.
High School Diploma at Georgia Institute of Technology, GASep 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to time manage, study productively, and take effective notes.
- Electrical Systems
- Painting and Decorating
- Roofing work
email@example.com | (124) 170-2649 | San Francisco, CA
Over 1 year of experience in building maintenance. Skilled in performing various maintenance tasks such as painting, plumbing, and carpentry work. Experienced in using a variety of tools and equipment. Able to follow oral and written instructions. Physical strength and stamina to lift heavy objects and perform strenuous tasks.
Building Maintenance Manager at ServiceMaster, CAJun 2022 - Present
- Implemented a new preventive maintenance program that reduced downtime by 25%.
- Negotiated a 15% reduction in service contracts, resulting in an annual savings of $100,000.
- Developed and implemented a training program for new Maintenance Technicians which shortened the ramp-up time by 2 months.
- Led a team of 12 technicians to complete all scheduled work and preventative maintenance for 3 million square feet of commercial space on time and under budget.
- Spearheaded the installation of an energy management system that lowered monthly energy costs by 10% or $20,000 per month.
Building Maintenance Supervisor at ABM Industries, CAJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- Trained and supervised a team of 10 building maintenance staff.
- Implemented a new preventative maintenance program that reduced unscheduled downtime by 25%.
- Negotiated with vendors to get better pricing on materials and services, resulting in an annual savings of $5,000.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures for all aspects of building maintenance and operations.
- Coordinated with outside contractors to schedule repairs and renovations without disrupting daily operations.
- Inspected buildings daily and prepared work orders for any necessary repairs or upkeep.
High School Diploma at Los Angeles High School, Los Angeles, CAAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to write essays, and how to do mathematical equations.
- Repair work
- Electrical work