Writing a great behavioral therapist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own behavioral therapist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the behavioral therapist job you're after.
email@example.com | (595) 841-9662 | 1455 NW Beaver Drive, Suite 108, Ankeny, IA 50023
I am a Behavioral Therapist with over 1 year of experience working in an outpatient setting. I have worked with children, adolescents, and adults who have been diagnosed with a variety of mental health disorders. I have also provided therapy to those who are struggling with substance abuse and addiction. In addition to my clinical experience, I have also completed coursework in behavioral modification techniques and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Behavioral Therapist at Behavioral Health Solutions, IAApr 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed 100 hours of training in cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Conducted initial assessments for 50 clients.
- Determined treatment goals and objectives with clients.
- Developed individualized treatment plans for 30 clients.
- Facilitated 20 group therapy sessions.
- Provided 10 individual counseling sessions.
Assistant Behavioral Therapist at Burke Behavioral Health, IAAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Successfully implemented behavior therapy techniques with individual clients to change maladaptive behaviors and improve functioning in daily life.
- Worked as part of a team to develop and implement treatment plans for clients diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.
- Used data collection methods (e.g., direct observation, functional analysis) to track client progress and inform intervention decisions.
- Provided support and guidance to families of clients receiving services.
- Engaged in on-going professional development activities (e.g., attending workshops, reading research articles) related to behavior therapy best practices.
- Maintained detailed clinical records documenting client progress towards goals.
Master of Science in Psychology at University of IowaSep 2016 - May 2021
I have learned a variety of skills while studying for my Master's in Psychology, including research methods, data analysis, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Social Work
- Child Development
- Behavior Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (487) 851-4687 | Omaha, NE
I am a Behavioral Therapist with over 1 year of experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities. I have a passion for helping others and strive to make a difference in the lives of those I work with. I am patient, caring, and dedicated to my job. I believe that every individual has the ability to reach their potential and thrive in life given the proper support and guidance. My goal is always to help those I work with reach their fullest potential by providing them with the tools they need to be successful in life.
Behavioral Therapist at Behavioral Health Specialists, NEApr 2022 - Present
- Trained in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Worked as a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst.
- 5 years experience working with children on the Autism Spectrum.
- 10+ cases of individualized therapy provided to clients.
- Successfully implemented behavior intervention plans for each client.
Assistant Behavioral Therapist at Pathways Counseling Services, NESep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 therapists in providing behavior therapy to children with autism.
- Successfully implemented over 50 individualized treatment plans for clients.
- Trained 2 new therapists on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Presented at 3 local conferences on topics related to ABA and autism spectrum disorders.
Master of Science in Psychology at University of Nebraska-LincolnSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to conduct research, analyze data, and write papers.
- Active Listening
- Problem Solving