Writing a great auto mechanic resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own auto mechanic resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the auto mechanic job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (506) 888-2914 | Hartford, CT
I am an experienced Auto Mechanic with over 5 years of experience. I have worked in a variety of settings, including dealerships, independent garages, and fleet maintenance facilities. I have gained a vast amount of knowledge and skills in my field, which has allowed me to become an expert in vehicle diagnosis and repair. I am highly motivated and take pride in my workmanship. I am always looking for new challenges and ways to improve my skills.
Auto Mechanic at Midas, CTMar 2022 - Present
- Serviced over 100 vehicles in a month.
- Repaired engines and transmissions.
- Replaced brakes, shocks, and struts.
- Conducted routine maintenance such as oil changes and tune-ups.
- Diagnosed problems using computerized equipment.
Auto Mechanic Apprentice at Mr. Tire, CTSep 2017 - Jan 2022
- I successfully completed an apprenticeship program to become an auto mechanic.
- I have worked as an auto mechanic for 5 years, during which time I have gained a great deal of experience and knowledge about repairing cars.
- I am able to diagnose and repair most common car problems quickly and efficiently.
- I have built up a loyal clientele of customers who trust me to keep their cars in good working order.
High School Diploma at Hartford Public High School, Hartford, CTAug 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to study for and write exams, how to do research, and how to effectively communicate with my peers and teachers.
- Automotive Repair
- Automotive Maintenance
- Brakes and Suspension Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Engine Performance
- Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
- Manual Drivetrains and Axles
email@example.com | (727) 289-5776 | Wichita, KS
I am a highly experienced and certified auto mechanic with over 5 years of professional experience. I have worked in both dealerships and independent shops, and have gained a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair. I am an expert in diagnostics, electrical systems, engine repairs, suspension work, and transmission servicing. I pride myself on my ability to quickly identify problems and provide efficient solutions that keep my customers' vehicles running smoothly. In addition to being ASE-certified, I am also proficient in the use of various diagnostic tools and computerized equipment.
Auto Mechanic at Midas, KSMay 2022 - Present
- Serviced and repaired over 100 vehicles per month on average.
- Diagnosed issues with accuracy 80% of the time or higher.
- Completed repairs within estimated time frame 70% of the time or higher.
- Upsold services/repairs 20% of the time.
- Maintained a 5-star rating on popular automotive review website.
- Reduced company's warranty claims by 10%.
Auto Mechanic Apprentice at Jiffy Lube, KSAug 2017 - Apr 2022
- Completed a 6-month auto mechanic apprenticeship program.
- Learned to diagnose and repair automotive systems.
- Gained experience working on both domestic and import vehicles.
- Achieved a passing score on the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exam.
- Successfully completed all required coursework for the apprentice program.
- Received positive feedback from customers regarding quality of work.
High School Diploma at Shawnee Mission East High School, KSSep 2013 - May 2017
I've learned time management, organization, and study skills.
- Electrical systems
- Exhaust systems
- Heating and cooling systems
- Suspension and steering