Writing a great associate professor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own associate professor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the associate professor job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (181) 820-1379 | 1250 S Pine Island Rd, Plantation, FL 33324, USA
I am an experienced Associate Professor with over 8 years of teaching and research experience. I have taught a variety of courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and I have been successful in leading research projects, developing curricula, and mentoring students. My expertise in my field is wide-ranging, with specializations in quantitative methods, research design, and statistical analysis. I have a proven record of developing innovative and effective teaching materials, and I am comfortable with a variety of teaching and assessment methods. I am also highly skilled at developing and delivering research presentations, and I have a strong publication record. I am passionate about teaching, learning, and research, and I am committed to helping students reach their potential.
Assistant Professor at University of Florida, FLJun 2022 - Present
- Led a research team of 4 graduate students and 2 undergraduate students that resulted in 3 peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Taught 12 credit hours per semester including courses such as “Introduction to Psychology” and “Advanced Social Psychology”.
- Advised 6 – 10 undergraduate psychology majors each semester.
- Wrote successful grants totaling $20,000 from the National Science Foundation and the American Psychological Association.
- Presented original research at 3 national conferences.
Associate Professor at Florida State University, FLSep 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a research team of 4 graduate students and 2 undergraduate students that resulted in 3 first-author papers published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Wrote successful grant proposals to the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), resulting in $1.2 million in funding for my laboratory over 5 years.
- Trained 6 postdoctoral fellows, who have gone on to secure tenure-track faculty positions at major research institutions.
- Organized and chaired an international conference that attracted 300 attendees from 20 countries.
- Served as Associate Editor for the journal [name of journal], handling manuscripts submitted by researchers worldwide.
- Delivered 100 invited lectures at universities, companies, and professional meetings around the world.
Full Professor at University of Central Florida, FLSep 2015 - Aug 2020
- I increased the number of publications in my field by 25%.
- I was awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- I gave 50 invited talks at conferences and universities worldwide.
- I organized an international conference that brought together leading scholars in my field.
- I served on the editorial board of 5 journals.
- I chaired the departmental committee that developed and implemented a new curriculum.
PhD in Psychology at University of FloridaSep 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to conduct research, analyze data, and write scientific papers.
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
email@example.com | (610) 108-7480 | Rockville, MD
I am a highly experienced Associate Professor with 8+ years of experience in higher education, teaching, and research. I have a strong background in the humanities and social sciences, able to provide a variety of courses in the areas of literature, history, political science, sociology, and anthropology. My research is focused on the intersections of race, gender, and class, as well as on the role of religion in the formation of social identities. I have a proven track record in developing and delivering engaging, high-quality, and student-centered lectures and seminars. I am an organized and effective administrator with experience in departmental budgeting, faculty development, and student mentoring. In addition, I have a record of successful grant writing and project management. I am a passionate educator and dedicated to providing students with a knowledge base and the skills necessary to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Assistant Professor at National Institutes of Health, MDJun 2022 - Present
- Authored [Number] peer-reviewed journal articles, which have been cited [Number] times.
- Presented research findings at [Number] national and international conferences.
- Actively participated in the development of 2 successful grant proposals, resulting in over $1 million in funding for the department.
- Served as a mentor to 4 undergraduate students and 2 graduate students.
- Chaired or served on 3 departmental committees.
- Taught [Number] courses per year at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Associate Professor at University of Maryland, Baltimore, MDJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Authored or co-authored [X] number of peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Presented at [Y] national and international conferences.
- Chaired or served on the organizing committee for [Z] conference.
- Served as a reviewer for [A] journals.
- Member of editorial board for [B] journals.
- Guest editor for special issue in journal.
Full Professor at Johns Hopkins University, MDJul 2015 - Jun 2019
- Led a team of 12 researchers in studying the effects of climate change on migratory patterns of birds.
- Published 50 peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals.
- Gave 100 presentations at national and international conferences.
- Served as principal investigator on 5 research grants, totaling $2 million dollars.
- Advised 20 graduate students through to completion of their Ph.D.'s.
- Taught 10 undergraduate courses over the span of my career.
PhD in Psychology at University of Maryland, College ParkAug 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are grant writing, conducting research, and analyzing data.
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management