Assistant Store Manager
Writing a great assistant store manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own assistant store manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the assistant store manager job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (266) 467-2673 | Chattanooga, TN
I have over three years of experience as an assistant store manager. I am responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the store, including supervising employees, managing inventory, and providing customer service. I have a proven track record of increasing sales and profitability through effective leadership and management skills. In my previous role, I successfully increased sales by 10% within six months. I am confident in my ability to produce similar results in future positions.
Assistant Store Manager at Target, TNMar 2022 - Present
- Hired and trained a team of 5 sales associates which increased store sales by 10%.
- Implemented new customer service policies which resulted in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction.
- Increased store profitability by 3% through effective cost control measures.
- Negotiated with vendors to obtain better prices for inventory, resulting in savings of $5,000 over the course of 6 months.
- Led Store Manager in developing marketing campaigns that generated an additional $10,000 in revenue per month.
- Successfully opened and managed a new location.
Assistant Manager at Walmart, TNJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Hired and trained a team of 5 sales associates which resulted in a 20% increase in sales.
- Implemented new inventory management system that reduced costs by 10%.
- Negotiated with vendors to get better prices on supplies which saved the company $5,000 over 6 months.
- Created weekly schedule for staff which increased productivity by 15%.
- Handled customer complaints and resolved conflict effectively 95% of the time.
High School Diploma at The University of Tennessee, KnoxvilleSep 2015 - May 2019
Time management, organization, study habits, note taking, active listening, and critical thinking.
- Customer service
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
email@example.com | (134) 431-2424 | Oak Park, IL
I have over 3 years of experience working as an assistant store manager. In this role, I was responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the store and ensuring that all employees were providing excellent customer service. I also handled merchandise returns and exchanges, developed staff schedules, and conducted performance reviews. My time as an assistant store manager has taught me how to effectively manage a team of employees and handle various customer service issues.
Assistant Store Manager at J. C. Penney, ILApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 employees and successfully managed the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Exceeded sales goals by 10% through effective promotional campaigns and excellent customer service.
- Reduced inventory shrinkage by 25% through improved security measures and employee training.
- Maintained high levels of customer satisfaction, resulting in a 97% retention rate.
- Implemented cost saving initiatives that reduced operational expenses by $5,000 per month.
Assistant Manager at Kohl's, ILJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Hired and trained a team of 5 customer service representatives.
- Increased sales by 10% through effective cross-selling techniques.
- Decreased customer wait times by 15% through optimized scheduling.
- Implemented a new CRM system that increased efficiency by 20%.
- Led weekly departmental meetings to ensure clear communication amongst employees.
High School Diploma at Highland Park High School, ILSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Customer service
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills 7. Flexibility