Writing a great art therapist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own art therapist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the art therapist job you're after.
email@example.com | (153) 871-3781 | Jackson, MS
I am an art therapist with over 1 year of experience working in a variety of settings. I have worked with clients of all ages, from children to adults, and have helped them through a wide range of issues. I am passionate about my work and believe that it can make a difference in people's lives. I am skilled at building rapport with clients, assessing their needs, and developing treatment plans that meet their goals. I also have experience leading groups and facilitating workshops.
Art Therapist at Art Therapy Institute, MSApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 art therapists in developing and implementing an 8-week Art Therapy program for cancer patients that resulted in 80% participants reporting improved emotional well-being.
- Authored "The Use of Art Therapy with Cancer Patients: A Systematic Review" which was published in The Arts in Psychotherapy journal and has been cited over 100 times.
- Presented at the annual conference of the American Art Therapy Association on the topic of "Art Therapy Interventions for Children with Chronic Illness".
- Developed and taught a graduate course on "Introduction to Health Care Settings" at XYZ University.
Associate Art Therapist at Art Therapy Center, MSSep 2021 - Mar 2022
- I facilitated art therapy groups for children with autism spectrum disorder, and helped them to develop social skills and emotion regulation strategies.
- I worked with a client who had experienced trauma, and used art as a way to help her process her emotions and memories.
- I created an individualized treatment plan for a client with depression that included weekly art therapy sessions.
- I led a workshop on using art in group therapy settings.
- I co-wrote an article on the use of music in therapeutic settings.
Master of Arts in Art Therapy at Mississippi State UniversityAug 2016 - May 2021
Art therapy requires one to be patient, observant, and have good people skills.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (212) 381-8009 | Miami, FL
I am an Art Therapist with over 1 year of experience working in a clinical setting. I have worked with clients of all ages, from children to adults, and have helped them to overcome a variety of issues. I am passionate about my work and believe that art can be used as a powerful tool for healing. I am skilled in both individual and group therapy, and have a strong knowledge of the therapeutic process. I am dedicated to helping my clients reach their full potential and live happy, healthy lives.
Art Therapist at Art Therapy Solutions, FLMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 art therapists in providing weekly individual and group therapy sessions to 15 clients with PTSD.
- Successfully implemented an expressive arts program for children living in a homeless shelter which resulted in a decrease in behavioral issues by 50%.
- Created and taught an 8-week anger management course using art as the primary mode of expression which was successful for 80% of participants.
- Utilized creative interventions to help a client who had been nonverbal for 3 years begin to communicate their needs verbally.
- Worked with 20 individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia and helped them express their thoughts and feelings through artwork resulting in improved mental state for 70% of participants.
- Designed an art therapy program specifically tailored to the needs of survivors of human trafficking which has shown promising results thus far.
Associate Art Therapist at The Art Therapist, FLAug 2021 - Apr 2022
- Led groups of up to 8 clients in weekly art therapy sessions.
- Individually assessed each client’s progress and needs on a regular basis.
- Created individualized treatment plans for clients based on initial assessment and ongoing observations.
- Taught coping skills and stress management techniques to help clients deal with difficult emotions.
- Encouraged creativity and self-expression through artmaking activities.
- Facilitated discussions about artwork created during session.
Master of Arts in Art Therapy at Florida State UniversitySep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to support people through art making in order to facilitate healing and growth.
- Communication Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding of Different Art Forms