Writing a great art director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own art director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the art director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (122) 591-4830 | Portland, OR
Art Director at Nike, ORMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 8 in the development and execution of an integrated advertising campaign that generated a 15% increase in web traffic for the client.
- Successfully pitched creative concepts to clients on 9 occasions, resulting in 100% approval rating.
- Managed art department budget totaling $1 million annually, while still delivering high-quality work within deadlines.
- On average, completed projects 10% under budget and ahead of schedule.
Senior Art Director at Adidas, ORAug 2020 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating an award-winning ad campaign that increased sales by 15%.
- Successfully completed 12 major projects on time and under budget.
- Increased efficiency in the design department by streamlining processes and implementing new software tools.
- Trained 2 junior designers, who went on to be promoted to senior positions within 6 months.
Lead Art Director at Puma, ORSep 2015 - Jun 2020
- Led art direction for a team of 5 designers and 2 illustrators, overseeing the development of 30+ projects per month.
- Successfully pitched new business to 3 major clients, resulting in $1M in new revenue for the company.
- Created an award-winning ad campaign that generated a 20% increase in sales for our client.
- Worked with copywriters and account managers to develop creative concepts that met objectives while staying on strategy.
- Managed budgets ranging from $50k - $500k ensuring accuracy and adherence to timelines set by upper management.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design at The University of Oregon, ORSep 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to communicate my ideas through visual media, to think creatively and critically, and to use industry-standard software and hardware.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Layout and Composition
- Color Theory
email@example.com | (837) 052-2194 | Fairfield, IA
Art Director at The Art Institute of Chicago, IAApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating an advertising campaign that generated $2 million in new revenue for the company.
- Developed an award-winning design for a major corporation that increased brand awareness by 25%.
- Increased sales at a previous employer by 20% through innovative and effective marketing campaigns.
- Created art direction guidelines used across all departments which helped to unify the overall look of the company’s products.
- Successfully completed projects on time and under budget while maintaining high quality standards.
Senior Art Director at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, IAJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 designers in creating an ad campaign that generated $2 million in sales.
- Designed a logo that was used by a company for 10 years.
- Won 2 awards for design excellence.
- Taught a class on graphic design at the local community college.
- Served as president of the Graphic Designers Association for 2 years.
- Published articles on design trends in 3 different industry magazines.
Lead Art Director at The Museum of Modern Art, IAAug 2015 - May 2020
- Led a team of 12 artists to create 200 illustrations for a children’s book series, resulting in increased sales by 25%.
- Successfully pitched an advertising campaign to 10 major clients that led to $2 million in new business.
- Created a motion graphics piece that was viewed over 1 million times online and won 2 industry awards.
- Managed the art department budget of $1.5 million, coming in under budget by 5%.
- Hired and trained 4 new junior designers, helping them develop into key members of the team.
- Worked closely with copywriters, editors, photographers, and other creatives to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design at Iowa State UniversitySep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to communicate my ideas through design, how to use industry standard software, and how to work under pressure to deadlines.
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- 3ds Max