Writing a great airport manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own airport manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the airport manager job you're after.
email@example.com | (120) 033-8780 | Dallas, TX
Airport Manager at DFW International Airport, TXApr 2022 - Present
- Oversaw the daily operations of an airport with 50+ employees and a budget of $5 million.
- Implemented new security measures that reduced wait times by 30%.
- Led a team that increased passenger satisfaction ratings from 70% to 85%.
- Negotiated contracts with airlines that generated $1 million in revenue for the airport.
- Developed and implemented a marketing campaign that resulted in a 5% increase in passenger traffic.
Assistant Airport Manager at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, TXAug 2020 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and executed a new ground handling services contract, saving the airport $150,000 per year.
- Led the development of a new marketing campaign that increased passenger traffic by 10%.
- Implemented cost-saving measures that reduced operating expenses by 5%.
- Negotiated with airlines to add 2 new routes, generating an additional $1 million in revenue for the airport.
- Developed and implemented a customer service training program for all front-line staff.
Associate Airport Manager at William P. Hobby Airport, TXJul 2015 - Jun 2020
- Led a team of 50+ employees in daily operations at the airport.
- Managed an annual budget of $10 million.
- Negotiated and executed contracts with airlines, concessionaires, and other vendors.
- Implemented new safety and security measures following 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Developed and implemented customer service initiatives to improve passenger satisfaction.
Bachelor of Science in Airport Management at University of North TexasSep 2010 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are aircraft operations, air traffic control, airport security, and customer service.
- Air traffic control
- Airline operations
- Airport management
- Aviation safety
- Budgeting and finance
- Business administration
- Interpersonal communication
firstname.lastname@example.org | (672) 694-5056 | Nashville, TN
Airport Manager at East Tennessee Regional Airport, TNJun 2022 - Present
- Achieved 97% on-time arrivals and departures during the first year of operation.
- Implemented new security measures that decreased wait times by 33%.
- Coordinated with airlines to add 5 new routes, resulting in a 12% increase in passenger traffic.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the airport $2 million annually.
- Led a team of 100+ employees and achieved high marks on employee satisfaction surveys.
Assistant Airport Manager at Nashville International Airport, TNSep 2020 - May 2022
- Successfully coordinated the construction and implementation of a new runway at the airport, which increased capacity by 25% and reduced flight delays by 15%.
- Successfully negotiated a contract with an airline to bring in 5 new flights per week, increasing traffic through the airport by 10%.
- Successfully implemented a security upgrade program that resulted in a 20% decrease in theft and vandalism at the airport.
- Worked with local businesses to establish an Airport Business Improvement District, which has generated $1 million in annual revenue for the airport.
Associate Airport Manager at Memphis International Airport, TNAug 2015 - Jul 2020
- Negotiated and executed a $2.5 million contract with an airline to provide ground handling services.
- Led a team of 20 managers and supervisors responsible for all airport operations.
- Implemented new security procedures that reduced wait times by 30%.
- Developed and implemented a customer service training program for all front-line employees.
- Negotiated concessions contracts with food & beverage, retail, and other vendors totaling $1 million in annual revenue.
- Coordinated construction projects valued at over $10 million.
Bachelor of Science in Airport Management at Middle Tennessee State UniversityAug 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to effectively manage an airport and its operations.
- Air traffic control
- Airfield management
- Aircraft ground handling
- Airport security
- Customer service
- Emergency response planning
- Financial management