Writing a great admissions assistant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own admissions assistant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the admissions assistant job you're after.
email@example.com | (979) 557-4506 | Oklahoma City, OK
Admissions Assistant with over 1 year of experience. I am excellent at customer service, data entry, and multitasking. I have a proven track record of being able to handle difficult situations with ease. I am a quick learner and can adapt to any situation that is thrown my way.
Admissions Assistant at Oklahoma State University, OKApr 2022 - Present
- Successfully recruited 150 new students to the college, exceeding admissions goals by 25%.
- Organized and led 3 campus tours per week, averaging 10-15 students per tour.
- Evaluated over 4500 applications for admission.
- Created and implemented a social media strategy that increased follower engagement by 20%.
- Developed relationships with high school counselors in assigned territory resulting in an increase of 250 applications from those schools.
- Conducted information sessions for prospective students and their families.
Admissions Associate at University of Oklahoma, OKAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Streamlined the admissions process, reducing processing time by 20%.
- Led a team of 5 admission counselors in successfully enrolling 750 new students.
- Personally reviewed and processed 3,000 applications.
- Wrote 150 letters of recommendation for successful applicants.
- Presented to 500 high school guidance counselors on university’s behalf.
- Counseled 1,200 students and families through the admissions process.
High School Diploma at Putnam City High School, Oklahoma City, OKSep 2017 - May 2021
I've learned to be organized, to manage my time, and to study efficiently.
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Docs/Drive
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
firstname.lastname@example.org | (196) 065-7464 | Wichita, KS
I am an Admissions Assistant with over 1 year of experience. I have gained valuable experience working in the admissions department at a university. I have developed strong organizational and communication skills that are essential for this position. I am able to work independently and as part of a team, and I am comfortable dealing with confidential information.
Admissions Assistant at Kansas State University, KSJun 2022 - Present
- Answered an average of 60 phone calls and 30 emails per day.
- Processed 500 applications per month.
- Wrote 100 admission letters per week.
- Gave campus tours to 200 prospective students and their families each month.
- Created and implemented a new system for organizing application materials which reduced processing time by 25%.
- Assisted the Admissions Director in planning and executing 3 large-scale recruitment events.
Admissions Associate at Wichita State University, KSJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- Answered an average of 60 inquiries per day from prospective students and parents regarding the admissions process, requirements, deadlines, etc.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of University’s academic programs and policies to resolve student issues and concerns.
- Coordinated on-campus interview schedule for candidates seeking admission to the School of Business MBA program; managed a caseload of approximately 300 interviews annually.
- Assembled candidate files for review by Admissions Committee; verified completion of all required documentation prior to file being forwarded to committee.
- Reviewed completed applications for accuracy and completeness in accordance with established guidelines; communicated decisions to applicants via telephone or mail following committee deliberations.
- Successfully recruited high school seniors through participation in college fairs & visits as well as personal contact with guidance counselors & principals.
High School Diploma at Wichita High School, Wichita, KSSep 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are time management, organization, and how to study effectively.
- Customer service
- Data entry
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- Filing and organizing paperwork
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering phone calls