Writing a great activities director resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own activities director resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the activities director job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (701) 059-8139 | 24 Roosevelt St, Middletown, NY 10940
I have over three years of experience as an Activities Director. In this role, I am responsible for planning and executing activities for residents in a long-term care facility. I have successfully created programs that are both engaging and meet the needs of our residents. My work has resulted in increased morale among staff and residents alike.
Activities Director at Apple, NYMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 activity coordinators to develop and implement monthly programming for 300 residents in an assisted living facility.
- Successfully created and managed annual budget of $35,000.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in the approval and funding of 2 new programs by city council.
- Trained staff on effective engagement techniques that increased participation rates by 15%.
- Led weekly outings for residents including trips to the local senior center, grocery store, and library.
- Implemented a successful volunteer program which recruited 50+ volunteers per month.
Assistant Activities Director at Google, NYSep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 4 activity coordinators and 2 assistant directors.
- Supervised the development and implementation of recreation programs for 2000+ residents.
- Monitored program budgets totaling $300,000 annually.
- Negotiated vendor contracts, resulting in cost savings of 15%.
- Wrote monthly newsletter articles highlighting upcoming events and resident achievements.
- Chaired the special events committee which organized 10 successful large-scale events per year.
High School Diploma at New York High SchoolSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to be independent, how to manage my time, and how to study effectively.
- Activities Planning
- Event Coordination
- Facility Management
- Program Development
- Staff Supervision
email@example.com | (441) 090-8005 | Sioux Falls, SD
I have over 3 years of experience as an Activities Director. I have a proven track record of organizing and executing successful events. I am passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of others, and I take great pride in my work. I am highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. I possess excellent communication skills and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Activities Director at Avera Health, SDMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully implemented a new programming schedule that increased attendance by 20%.
- Created and oversaw the execution of a successful fundraising campaign that generated $15,000 in new revenue.
- Successfully advocated for additional staffing resources, resulting in the hiring of 2 new full-time employees.
- Worked with Facilities Management to successfully implement several capital improvement projects, including a new roof and HVAC system.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures that improved staff morale and reduced employee turnover by 15%.
- Led team of 30+ employees to provide high quality recreation services to 2000+ residents on daily basis.
Assistant Activities Director at Sanford Health, SDAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully planned and executed 10 large-scale events for up to 500 attendees, including corporate functions, charity galas, and weddings.
- Coordinated with vendors to provide food, décor, entertainment, transportation, and other event needs.
- Worked within a budget to ensure that all events came in under cost.
- Managed a team of 15 event staff members and volunteers.
- Created positive relationships with clients through excellent customer service.
High School Diploma at Brookings High School, Brookings, SDSep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are time management, organization, and how to study effectively.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning and coordination ability
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Marketing and public relations skills
- Fundraising experience