Writing a great acquisition specialist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own acquisition specialist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the acquisition specialist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (111) 512-8961 | Charleston, WV
I am an experienced Acquisition Specialist with over 4 years of experience in the field. I have a proven track record of successfully acquiring and developing properties for my clients. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of the acquisition process, from identifying potential opportunities to negotiating and closing deals. I have a strong network of contacts in the industry, which allows me to stay up-to-date on market trends and find the best possible deals for my clients.
Acquisition Specialist at Blue Cross Blue Shield of WV, WVMar 2022 - Present
- Led the acquisition of a new $10 million contract with ABC Corporation.
- Negotiated and finalized the purchase of 100 acres of land for a new factory at $50,000 per acre.
- Successfully negotiated pricing for 200 widgets from XYZ Widget Company at $5 per widget.
- Worked with architects and engineers to develop specifications for a new office building.
- Oversaw construction of the office building ensuring it was completed on time and within budget.
Acquisition Specialist II at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield WV, WVSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and awarded a $1.2 million contract to support the Department of Defense.
- Led a team of analysts in conducting market research for potential new products, services, or technologies to support the warfighter.
- Wrote requirements documents for new acquisition programs totaling over $100 million per year in funding.
- Awarded contracts worth over $50 million annually for goods and services supporting the warfighter globally.
Bachelor of Science in Acquisition and Contract Management at West Virginia UniversityAug 2013 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are: project management, contract law, negotiation, and cost analysis.
- Project Management
- Business Administration
- Financial Analysis
email@example.com | (170) 708-9051 | Bowling Green, KY
I am an experienced acquisition specialist with over 4 years of experience in the field. I have a proven track record of success in finding and acquiring new businesses. I have a deep understanding of the acquisition process, and I know how to negotiate deals that are beneficial for both parties involved. I am a strategic thinker who can see beyond the immediate deal, and I always keep the long-term goal in mind.
Acquisition Specialist at Bluegrass Purchasing Services, KYApr 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and oversaw the acquisition of 12 new properties, totaling $32 million in value.
- Successfully completed due diligence on potential acquisitions, which resulted in the rejection of 7 unsuitable properties.
- Managed a team of 4 analysts to support the property acquisition process.
- Created and implemented a new system for tracking progress on all active acquisitions, which reduced cycle time by 30%.
- Authored 10 successful proposals to city governments for tax incentives worth a total of $5.6 million over 10 years.
Acquisition Specialist II at Action Purchasing, KYAug 2018 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and awarded a $1.2 million sole source contract.
- Led the development of 4 successful proposals, resulting in 3 new contracts worth a total of $4.5 million.
- Trained 6 employees on proposal writing process.
- Wrote and implemented standard operating procedures for acquisition function.
- Reviewed and approved 10 purchase requisitions totaling $950,000.
Bachelor of Science in Acquisition and Contract Management at University of Kentucky, Lexington, KYSep 2013 - May 2018
Some skills I've learned are how to read and analyze a Request for Proposal (RFP), how to negotiate with vendors, and how to manage and administer contracts.
- Contract negotiation
- Contract management
- Project management
- Financial analysis
- Cost benefit analysis
- Risk assessment