Writing a great account planner resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own account planner resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the account planner job you're after.
email@example.com | (502) 187-2199 | Atlanta, GA
I am an experienced account planner with over 5 years of experience. I have a proven track record in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns for my clients. I am passionate about understanding consumer behavior and using that knowledge to create effective marketing strategies. I am a strategic thinker who can see the big picture and develop creative solutions to achieve objectives. I have excellent communication skills and work well with cross-functional teams.
Senior Account Planner at Company 1, IDApr 2022 - Present
- Ideation and development of an integrated communications campaign that resulted in a 12% increase in brand awareness for the client.
- Led a team of 4 junior account planners in the execution of market research projects, resulting in insights that were used to inform strategic decisions for 2 major clients.
- Authored 3 white papers on industry trends that were published by the company and shared with clients.
- Conducted over 100 customer interviews to understand needs and motivations; developed personas as a result which guided creative executions across multiple channels including TV, print, digital, social media, PR & events.
- Managed budget of $1MM+ across 10 accounts; successfully negotiated discounts with vendors totaling $50K+.
Account Planner at Company 2, IDAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Successfully increased sales for 3 clients by 15%, 20%, and 25% respectively through targeted marketing campaigns.
- Successfully decreased costs for 1 client by 10% through clever resource allocation.
- Generated $100,000 in new business from 5 prospective clients through effective pitches.
- Achieved 100% campaign goals set forth by 4 different clients.
- Managed a team of 4 account executives to successfully complete 12 projects under budget and ahead of schedule.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of California, BerkeleySep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to effectively communicate with people, how to think creatively, and how to work hard.
- Media Planning
firstname.lastname@example.org | (148) 883-6879 | Rogers, AR
I have over 5 years of experience as an account planner. I have worked with clients in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, and retail. I am skilled in developing relationships with clients and understanding their needs. I am also experienced in creating presentations and reports that are tailored to the client's specific goals. My goal is always to provide the best possible service to my clients and help them achieve their objectives.
Senior Account Planner at The Advertising Checklist, ARApr 2022 - Present
- Led the development of an integrated marketing communications plan that delivered a 15% increase in sales for Client X.
- Successfully created and executed a social media campaign that resulted in a 10% increase in web traffic for Client Y.
- Implemented an innovative research methodology which uncovered key insights leading to the development of an effective new positioning strategy for Client Z. This led to a 5% increase in market share within 6 months.
- Authored award-winning creative briefs that consistently generated breakthrough advertising campaigns, resulting in increased brand awareness and sales growth for clients.
Account Planner at Advertise Arkansas, ARSep 2017 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and executed media plans for clients that generated awareness, reach, and frequency objectives while staying within budget.
- Negotiated with media vendors to get the best rates for ad placements.
- Developed relationships with key client decision makers in order to understand their business needs.
- Presented findings from competitive analysis reports to clients and provided recommendations on how they could improve their market share.
- Created custom target audience profiles using data from Nielsen Scarborough and Simmons Research.
- Successfully completed training in digital marketing platforms such as Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Kenshoo, etc.
Bachelor of Science in Advertising at University of ArkansasSep 2013 - May 2017
The skills I've learned while studying Bachelor of Science in Advertising are: effective communication, critical thinking, creativity, and teamwork.
- Critical Thinking
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management