firstname.lastname@example.org | (948) 929-0889 | Wichita, KS 67203, USA
Academic Director at Washburn University, KSJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 academic staff and increased student enrollment by 10%.
- Defined the department's vision and strategy, which resulted in an increase in external research funding by 20%.
- Implemented new teaching methods that improved student satisfaction ratings by 5%.
- Negotiated partnerships with 3 leading universities, resulting in an exchange program for students and faculty members.
Assistant Academic Director at Kansas State University, KSAug 2016 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 10 academic advisors and successfully decreased the student advising caseload by 30%.
- Implemented new processes and procedures which resulted in a 25% increase in efficiency for the advising team.
- Trained and mentored 5 new academic advisors, helping them to become successful members of the team.
- Advised an average of 400 students per semester on degree requirements, course selection, university policies/procedures, etc.
- Created and presented workshops on various topics related to college success for groups of up to 100 students.
Associate Academic Director at Emporia State University, KSSep 2002 - Jun 2016
- Led a team of 15 academic advisors and successfully increased the 4-year graduation rate from 60% to 75%.
- Managed a budget of $2 million and successfully decreased costs by 10%.
- Hired and trained 5 new academic advisors.
- Advised 500 students per year on course selection, degree requirements, and career options.
- Wrote curriculum for 3 new courses.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at Wichita State University, KSAug 1998 - May 2002
Some skills I've learned are: critical thinking, time management, problem solving, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Critical Thinking
email@example.com | (430) 663-6636 | Concord, NH
Academic Director at Company 1, IDApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 academic advisors and counselors, overseeing the development and implementation of student success initiatives.
- Monitored advising caseloads to ensure students were receiving timely and accurate advice.
- Chaired or served on various university committees related to advising, retention, and graduation rates.
- Presented at national conferences on effective practices in academic advising.
- Authored articles for professional journals on topics related to academic advising.
Assistant Academic Director at , IDAug 2016 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 15 faculty members and 5 staff across 4 departments to develop a new online graduate degree program in 1 year.
- Hired and trained 10 new adjunct instructors for the launch of the program.
- Negotiated and created partnerships with 3 other universities to share resources and create efficiencies.
- Wrote curriculum for 6 courses in the program.
- Managed $500,000 budget for development and launch of the program.
Associate Academic Director at Company 2, IDAug 2002 - Jul 2016
- Led a team of 15 academic directors and associate directors, responsible for daily operations and strategy of the department.
- Oversaw $2.5M budget and successfully managed costs while increasing quality of instruction.
- Implemented new process that resulted in 25% increase in student satisfaction scores.
- Led curriculum development efforts that resulted in 4 new courses being added to the catalog.
- Trained and mentored 5 new academic directors.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of California, Los AngelesSep 1998 - May 2002
I have learned how to be an effective leader in an educational setting.
- Academic research
- Academic writing
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Time management
- Budgeting and financial planning