Writing a great academic administrator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own academic administrator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the academic administrator job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (177) 952-1387 | Bangor, ME
A highly experienced Academic Administrator with over 8 years of experience in higher education. Expertise in developing, implementing, and managing academic programs, services, and policies. Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, and work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders. Demonstrated success in creating and administering budgets, tracking spending, and providing financial oversight and reporting. Proven record of establishing and cultivating positive relationships with faculty, students, and staff. Experienced in developing and managing online learning platforms and working with vendors to ensure technology support.
Academic Administrator at Northeastern University, MEMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 academic administrators and coordinators who successfully implemented new advising software for 300+ faculty members, resulting in increased efficiency and satisfaction.
- Defined goals and objectives for the department which resulted in a 10% increase in research productivity over 3 years.
- Chaired or served on 12 search committees that recruited 20 new tenure-track faculty across disciplines.
- Successfully advocated for additional resources from the central administration, leading to a 15% budget increase over 2 years.
- Led curriculum reform efforts that decreased time-to-degree by 8%.
- Authored successful grant proposals totaling $2M to support departmental initiatives.
Assistant Academic Administrator at University of Southern Maine, MESep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 4 academic advisors and 2 administrative assistants.
- Supervised the development and implementation of an advising manual.
- Trained new academic advisors on university policies and procedures.
- Assisted in developing and revising curriculum for 3 programs.
- Chaired or served on 5 committees related to student success initiatives.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on topics related to advising.
Associate Academic Administrator at Maine Maritime Academy, MEAug 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led the development and implementation of a new academic advising model that improved student satisfaction by 15%.
- Coordinated the creation of 5 new degree programs, which increased enrollment by 10%.
- Successfully advocated for additional staffing resources, resulting in the hiring of 8 new faculty members.
- Worked with deans to revise promotion and tenure criteria, leading to an increase in successful promotions from 50% to 75%.
- Created and oversaw a budget reallocation process that resulted in $1 million in savings.
- Developed and implemented a mentoring program for junior faculty members that has been credited with reducing turnover by 25%.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of Maine, MESep 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to be an effective leader in the field of education.
- Time Management
- Event Planning
email@example.com | (308) 611-1756 | 1203 W. Broadway
I am an experienced Academic Administrator with over 8 years of higher education experience. I have a proven track record of success in providing academic support and guidance to faculty, staff, and students. My expertise includes curriculum development, student affairs, and program management. I have a strong background in budgeting and financial management as well as excellent communication and organizational skills. I am committed to creating an environment of excellence and collaboration in the academic setting.
Academic Administrator at Washington University in St. Louis, MOMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 10 academic advisors who served 4,500 students.
- Implemented an advising model that resulted in a 20% increase in student satisfaction.
- Hired and trained 5 new academic advisors.
- Created and implemented 3 new programs to support student success.
- Advised 1,000 students individually each year.
Assistant Academic Administrator at Saint Louis University, MOAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led the development and implementation of a new advising program that resulted in a 10% increase in student retention.
- Developed and taught a 3-credit course on academic success strategies that increased GPAs by 0.5 points for 85% of students enrolled.
- Chaired the committee that developed and piloted a new online orientation program resulting in 80% of first year students feeling better prepared for college.
- Led team of 5 professional staff members who provided support to over 1,200 at-risk students each semester through individualized coaching and programming.
- Advised 50+ freshmen on degree planning, major exploration, time management, study skills development, etc.
- Created an annual report detailing departmental assessment data which was used to make decisions about staffing levels, budget needs.
Associate Academic Administrator at University of Missouri, MOAug 2015 - Jun 2019
- Led a team of 4 academic advisors who provided guidance to 400 undergraduate students.
- Monitored student progress and intervened when necessary to ensure timely graduation.
- Created and implemented new advising strategies that resulted in a 5% increase in first-year student retention.
- Coordinated scheduling for 10 faculty members, resulting in minimal conflicts and disruptions.
- Chaired the committee that developed the curriculum for a new interdisciplinary major.
- Successfully advocated for increased funding from the administration which led to hiring 2 additional full-time faculty members.
Master of Education in Educational Administration at Truman State University, MOAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to be an effective administrator in an educational setting.
- Time Management