firstname.lastname@example.org | (177) 952-1387 | Bangor, ME
Academic Administrator at Northeastern University, MEMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 academic administrators and coordinators who successfully implemented new advising software for 300+ faculty members, resulting in increased efficiency and satisfaction.
- Defined goals and objectives for the department which resulted in a 10% increase in research productivity over 3 years.
- Chaired or served on 12 search committees that recruited 20 new tenure-track faculty across disciplines.
- Successfully advocated for additional resources from the central administration, leading to a 15% budget increase over 2 years.
- Led curriculum reform efforts that decreased time-to-degree by 8%.
- Authored successful grant proposals totaling $2M to support departmental initiatives.
Assistant Academic Administrator at University of Southern Maine, MESep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 4 academic advisors and 2 administrative assistants.
- Supervised the development and implementation of an advising manual.
- Trained new academic advisors on university policies and procedures.
- Assisted in developing and revising curriculum for 3 programs.
- Chaired or served on 5 committees related to student success initiatives.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on topics related to advising.
Associate Academic Administrator at Maine Maritime Academy, MEAug 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led the development and implementation of a new academic advising model that improved student satisfaction by 15%.
- Coordinated the creation of 5 new degree programs, which increased enrollment by 10%.
- Successfully advocated for additional staffing resources, resulting in the hiring of 8 new faculty members.
- Worked with deans to revise promotion and tenure criteria, leading to an increase in successful promotions from 50% to 75%.
- Created and oversaw a budget reallocation process that resulted in $1 million in savings.
- Developed and implemented a mentoring program for junior faculty members that has been credited with reducing turnover by 25%.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership at University of Maine, MESep 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to be an effective leader in the field of education.
- Time Management
- Event Planning
email@example.com | (308) 611-1756 | 1203 W. Broadway
Academic Administrator at Washington University in St. Louis, MOMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 10 academic advisors who served 4,500 students.
- Implemented an advising model that resulted in a 20% increase in student satisfaction.
- Hired and trained 5 new academic advisors.
- Created and implemented 3 new programs to support student success.
- Advised 1,000 students individually each year.
Assistant Academic Administrator at Saint Louis University, MOAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led the development and implementation of a new advising program that resulted in a 10% increase in student retention.
- Developed and taught a 3-credit course on academic success strategies that increased GPAs by 0.5 points for 85% of students enrolled.
- Chaired the committee that developed and piloted a new online orientation program resulting in 80% of first year students feeling better prepared for college.
- Led team of 5 professional staff members who provided support to over 1,200 at-risk students each semester through individualized coaching and programming.
- Advised 50+ freshmen on degree planning, major exploration, time management, study skills development, etc.
- Created an annual report detailing departmental assessment data which was used to make decisions about staffing levels, budget needs.
Associate Academic Administrator at University of Missouri, MOAug 2015 - Jun 2019
- Led a team of 4 academic advisors who provided guidance to 400 undergraduate students.
- Monitored student progress and intervened when necessary to ensure timely graduation.
- Created and implemented new advising strategies that resulted in a 5% increase in first-year student retention.
- Coordinated scheduling for 10 faculty members, resulting in minimal conflicts and disruptions.
- Chaired the committee that developed the curriculum for a new interdisciplinary major.
- Successfully advocated for increased funding from the administration which led to hiring 2 additional full-time faculty members.
Master of Education in Educational Administration at Truman State University, MOAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to be an effective administrator in an educational setting.
- Time Management