What does an Aba Therapist do?
Learn all about Aba Therapist duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become an Aba Therapist.
Published 3 min read
An Aba Therapist is a professional who helps individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) improve their communication, social, and behavioral skills.
Aba Therapist job duties include:
- Assessing patients to determine appropriate treatment goals
- Planning and carrying out ABA therapy programs to help patients achieve their goals
- Modifying therapy programs as needed to ensure maximum benefit for patients
- Tracking patients’ progress and keeping detailed records
- Consulting with other professionals, such as physicians and psychologists, to coordinate patient care
- Educating patients and their families about ABA therapy and its benefits
- Advocating for patients’ needs
- Maintaining professional licensure and continuing education requirements
- Conducting research on ABA therapy and its effectiveness
Aba Therapist Job Requirements
An Aba Therapist is a professional who works with individuals with autism spectrum disorder. The therapist uses principles of applied behavior analysis to help the individual improve their communication, social, and life skills. The therapist works closely with the individual's family and other professionals on the individual's treatment team.
Education: A bachelor's degree in psychology, sociology, or a related field is required. Certification: Certification in applied behavior analysis from the Behavior Analysis Certification Board is required. Experience: Two years of experience working with individuals with autism spectrum disorder is required.
Aba Therapist Skills
- Active listening
- Behavior management
How to become an Aba Therapist
An ABA therapist is a professional who provides behavior analytic services. ABA therapists work with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities to help them develop new skills and reduce problem behaviors.
To become an ABA therapist, you will need to complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology, education, or a related field. You will also need to complete a certification program in applied behavior analysis. Once you have completed your education and training, you will need to obtain a license to practice in your state.
If you are interested in becoming an ABA therapist, you should start by completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in psychology, education, or a related field. You can then complete a certification program in applied behavior analysis. Once you have completed your education and training, you will need to obtain a license to practice in your state.
Related: Aba Therapist Resume Example