What does a Warehouse Supervisor do?
Learn all about Warehouse Supervisor duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Warehouse Supervisor.
Published 3 min read
A warehouse supervisor is responsible for the organization and coordination of the activities within a warehouse. They may also be responsible for the supervision of employees and the management of inventory.
Warehouse Supervisor job duties include:
- Overseeing daily operations of the warehouse
- Managing warehouse staff and assigning tasks
- Ensuring that all health and safety regulations are followed
- Maintaining accurate records of inventory levels and stock movements
- Organizing stock according to type, size, color, etc.
- Planning and implementing new storage systems as needed
- Coordinating shipments and deliveries with transportation companies
- Investigating and resolving any issues with damaged or missing items
- Dealing with customer inquiries and complaints
Warehouse Supervisor Job Requirements
A warehouse supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a warehouse. They oversee the receiving, storing, and shipping of products and materials. A warehouse supervisor typically has a high school diploma or equivalent, although some jobs may require postsecondary education, such as an associate's degree in business or logistics. Many warehouse supervisors also have certification from the American Society for Quality or the International Organization for Standardization. Experience is also important for this position, as most warehouse supervisors have several years of experience working in a warehouse before being promoted to supervisor.
Warehouse Supervisor Skills
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Conflict resolution
How to become a Warehouse Supervisor
A warehouse supervisor is responsible for the organization and coordination of the activities within a warehouse. They ensure that all operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. In order to become a warehouse supervisor, one must have experience working in a warehouse environment. They must also possess strong leadership qualities and be able to effectively communicate with both employees and management.
Related: Warehouse Supervisor Resume Example