What does a Sandwich Maker do?
Learn all about Sandwich Maker duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Sandwich Maker.
Published 3 min read
A sandwich maker creates sandwiches using a variety of ingredients. They may work in a deli, cafe, or restaurant.
Sandwich Maker job duties include:
- Reads food order slips or receives verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Fries foods, such as french fried potatoes.
- Bakes pies, rolls, biscuits, and other pastries.
- Roasts meats and vegetables.
- Grills hamburgers, fish, chicken, steaks, and sandwiches.
- Makes omelets, waffles, pancakes, grilled sandwiches, soups, salads, and cold plates.
- Cuts meats, vegetables, and cheeses to prepare them for use.
- Measures ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Uses utensils such as knives, spatulas, and tongs in performing food preparation duties.
Sandwich Maker Job Requirements
There are no formal education requirements for a sandwich maker, although some employers may prefer candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent. There is no certification required, although some employers may provide on-the-job training. Previous experience in food preparation or customer service is helpful but not required. The ability to follow instructions and adhere to food safety guidelines is essential.
Sandwich Maker Skills
- Sandwich making
- Food preparation
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Food safety
- Inventory management
- Time management
How to become a Sandwich Maker
There are many steps that one must take in order to become a sandwich maker. First, it is important to have a passion for food and cooking. This passion will help you create delicious sandwiches that your customers will love. Secondly, you must be able to follow directions and have a keen eye for detail. This will ensure that your sandwiches are made correctly and consistently. Thirdly, you must be able to work quickly and efficiently. This is important because customers often want their sandwiches made in a timely manner. Finally, it is important to have a positive attitude and be customer service oriented. This will help you create a pleasant experience for your customers, which will keep them coming back for more!
Related: Sandwich Maker Resume Example