What does a Qlikview Developer do?
Learn all about Qlikview Developer duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Qlikview Developer.
Published 3 min read
A Qlikview Developer is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) applications based on the Qlikview platform. They work with customers and business analysts to understand requirements and design solutions that deliver actionable insights through data visualization. Qlikview Developers have a strong understanding of data warehousing, ETL processes, and reporting tools. They are able to create complex scripts and queries to extract data from multiple sources and build robust data models. Qlikview Developers are also responsible for developing custom dashboards and reports, as well as providing support and training to users.
Qlikview Developer job duties include:
- Design, develop, and implement QlikView applications to support business operations and decision making
- Work with business users to understand their data and reporting needs
- Design and develop data models to support the creation of QlikView applications
- Write SQL queries to extract data from databases for use in QlikView applications
- Create user interface designs for QlikView applications
- Develop scripts to automate the creation and deployment of QlikView applications
- Perform unit testing of QlikView applications prior to release
- Monitor performance of QlikView applications after implementation and make necessary improvements
- Provide training and support to users of QlikView applications
Qlikview Developer Job Requirements
A Qlikview Developer should have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. They should also have experience working with databases, SQL, and ETL tools. Certification is not required, but it may give you an advantage when applying for jobs.
Qlikview Developer Skills
- Data Modeling
- Dashboard Design
- Data Visualization
- Interactive Reporting
- Requirements Gathering
- Systems Analysis
- Project Management
How to become a Qlikview Developer
A Qlikview Developer is someone who creates and maintains business intelligence applications using the Qlikview software. They work with clients to understand their business needs and then design and build custom applications to meet those needs. In order to become a Qlikview Developer, you will need to have strong technical skills and experience working with the Qlikview software. You will also need to be able to effectively communicate with clients and understand their business needs. If you have these skills and qualities, then you may have what it takes to become a Qlikview Developer.
Related: Qlikview Developer Resume Example