What does a Loan Assistant do?
Learn all about Loan Assistant duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Loan Assistant.
Published 3 min read
A loan assistant helps people with the process of applying for a loan. This can include helping to fill out paperwork, gathering required documents, and answering questions about the loan process. A loan assistant may work in a bank, credit union, or other financial institution.
Loan Assistant job duties include:
- Processing loan applications and documentation
- Verifying and reviewing loan documents for accuracy
- Coordinating loan closings and disbursements
- Maintaining updated records of loan status and payments
- Communicating with borrowers, lenders, and underwriters as needed
- Processing loan modifications and renewals
- Performing annual or periodic loan audits
- Monitoring changes in lending regulations
- Assisting with the development of new loan products
Loan Assistant Job Requirements
There are a few job requirements for a Loan Assistant. Firstly, they need at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Secondly, some employers may require certification in areas like mortgage lending or loan processing. Finally, Loan Assistants typically need at least one year of experience working in the financial industry, preferably in a loan office or bank.
Loan Assistant Skills
- Time management
- Analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer skills
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
How to become a Loan Assistant
A Loan Assistant is responsible for providing support to the loan department of a financial institution. They typically work in customer service, processing loan applications and disbursements, and maintaining loan records. To become a Loan Assistant, you will need at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework in business or finance is also helpful. Many Loan Assistants have previous experience working in a bank or credit union. Strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills are essential for this position.
Related: Loan Assistant Resume Example