What does a J2EE Developer do?
Learn all about J2EE Developer duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a J2EE Developer.
Published 3 min read
A J2EE developer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of Java-based applications on a J2EE platform. J2EE developers typically have a strong understanding of Java programming and web application development. They may also have experience with J2EE-based frameworks such as Struts or Hibernate.
J2EE Developer job duties include:
- Design, develop, and implement Java-based applications to support business requirements.
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies, create design documents, and perform program coding and testing.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Modify existing applications to correct errors, allow enhancements, or to improve performance.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Perform component and data architecture analysis and design for Java Platforms.
- Develop high-performance applications using advanced optimization techniques.
- Implement new features in existing products as well as developing new products from scratch.
J2EE Developer Job Requirements
A J2EE Developer should have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Certification is not required, but may be beneficial. A J2EE Developer should have 2-5 years of experience developing enterprise Java applications.
J2EE Developer Skills
- Web Services
How to become a J2EE Developer
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to become a J2EE Developer depends on your prior experience and skillset. However, there are some general tips that can help you get started in this field.
If you have experience with Java programming, then you may want to consider becoming a J2EE Developer. This type of developer creates applications using the Java platform. To become a J2EE Developer, you will need to have strong Java programming skills and knowledge of the J2EE platform. In addition, it is helpful to have experience with web application development, databases, and XML.
If you do not have experience with Java programming, you can still become a J2EE Developer by taking courses or attending training programs that teach Java programming and the J2EE platform. Once you have gained the necessary skills, you can then look for job openings that fit your qualifications.
There is a lot of demand for J2EE Developers, so if you have the right skillset, you should be able to find work in this field. With the right training and experience, you can become a successful J2EE Developer and create applications that help businesses run more efficiently.
Related: J2EE Developer Resume Example