What does a Group Sales Manager do?
Learn all about Group Sales Manager duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Group Sales Manager.
Published 3 min read
A group sales manager is responsible for generating revenue by developing and managing relationships with groups of customers. They work with clients to identify their needs and develop customized solutions that meet those needs. They also develop marketing plans and sales strategies to target specific groups. In addition, they manage a team of sales account executives and provide training and support to ensure that they are successful in achieving sales goals.
Group Sales Manager job duties include:
- Act as the primary point of contact for all group sales inquiries
- Work with clients to determine their specific needs and requirements
- Develop customized group sales proposals and presentations
- Negotiate group sales contracts and rates
- Coordinate all aspects of group sales bookings, including room blocks, meeting space, catering, and transportation
- Manage group sales budgets and revenue goals
- Monitor group sales activity and performance metrics
- Generate new group sales leads and business opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments
- Attend trade shows, conventions, and other events to promote the property
Group Sales Manager Job Requirements
A Group Sales Manager is responsible for planning and executing group sales for a company. They must have excellent communication and organizational skills in order to coordinate with different departments within the company. A Group Sales Manager should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in business or a related field. Additionally, they should have at least five years of experience working in sales, preferably in a management role. Certification in sales or marketing is not required but may be helpful.
Group Sales Manager Skills
- Time management
- Customer service
- Problem solving
How to become a Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Managers are responsible for coordinating and managing the sale of tickets to groups of 10 or more people. They work with clients to determine their needs and then create a customized package that meets those needs. Group Sales Managers must be able to negotiate contracts, set prices, and manage inventory. They also must be able to effectively market their products and services to potential customers.
To become a Group Sales Manager, you will need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field. You will also need at least 5 years of experience working in ticket sales, group sales, or a related field. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to work well under pressure. If you have these qualifications and skills, you may be ready to take on the challenge of becoming a Group Sales Manager.
Related: Group Sales Manager Resume Example