What does a Broadband Technician do?
Learn all about Broadband Technician duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Broadband Technician.
Published 3 min read
A broadband technician is responsible for installing and maintaining high-speed Internet connections. They may also be responsible for troubleshooting problems with customer's service.
Broadband Technician job duties include:
- Installing and configuring broadband equipment and services
- Testing and troubleshooting broadband connections
- Providing customer support for broadband services
- Monitoring and maintaining broadband network performance
- Upgrading and expanding broadband networks
- Coordinating with other technicians to resolve complex issues
- Training users on how to use broadband services
- Documenting work procedures and results
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the broadband industry
Broadband Technician Job Requirements
Broadband technicians typically need at least a high school diploma, although some employers may prefer candidates with postsecondary education or certification. Prior experience in customer service or a related field is also helpful. Broadband technicians must be able to troubleshoot problems and have good customer service skills. They also need to be able to lift heavy equipment and climb ladders.
Broadband Technician Skills
How to become a Broadband Technician
A broadband technician is responsible for installing and maintaining high-speed Internet and cable television services. They must be able to troubleshoot any problems that customers may have with their service.
Becoming a broadband technician requires completing a postsecondary certificate or associate's degree program in computer networking or a related field. Many employers also require technicians to have experience working with customer service and computer networks.
Related: Broadband Technician Resume Example