Walmart Network Administrator Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for network administrators interested in applying to Walmart, with tips on how to highlight relevant skills and experience.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide readers with insight on how to write a resume for Walmart as a Network Administrator. It will cover topics such as the essential qualifications and experience needed, how to highlight technical expertise, and tips for crafting an effective summary statement. Additionally, it will offer advice on how to best showcase accomplishments that demonstrate the reader’s value to Walmart in this role.
Walmart Network Administrator Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Network Administrator Resume Example
Kiersten Wellman, Network Administrator
I am an experienced Network Administrator with over 2 years of experience designing, implementing, and maintaining local and wide area networks. I have a proven track record of success in driving network performance improvement and troubleshooting complex network issues. I have a deep understanding of network protocols, hardware, and software, and I specialize in Cisco and Juniper hardware. I have a strong background in administering Windows and Linux servers, and I have experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V. I am dedicated to providing reliable, secure networks for my clients and I am committed to staying up-to-date on the latest network technologies.
Network Administrator at Bay State Computers, MA
Dec 2022 - Present
- Implemented a new network monitoring system for Bay State Computers, MA that enabled the company to reduce IT troubleshooting time by 40%.
- The implementation of this system allowed them to detect and address potential problems before they escalated.
- Streamlined hardware maintenance processes at Bay State Computers, MA resulting in an average downtime reduction of 30% over 6 months. This was achieved through improved tracking systems and regular audits which ensured maximum uptime for all devices connected within their networks.
- Developed a secure remote access solution for employees working remotely from home or other locations outside the office environment using VPN technology with two-factor authentication protocols ensuring data security across multiple users simultaneously.
- Successfully migrated client’s legacy database infrastructure onto cloud based storage platform reducing overall costs associated with traditional onsite hosting solutions by 25%.
Network Support Technician at MA Computer Solutions, MA
Aug 2021 - Nov 2022
- Developed and implemented a new network architecture that improved performance by 20%, resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Resolved over 100 complex technical problems for MA Computer Solutions' clients, reducing downtime from an average of 4 hours to 1 hour per incident.
- Spearheaded the installation of 50+ wireless access points across three office locations; reduced IT support requests related to connectivity issues by 15%.
- Streamlined server maintenance processes at MA Computer Solutions which resulted in 30% faster completion time on all tasks.
Associate of Science in Network Administration at Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA
Aug 2016 - May 2021
Relevant Coursework: Network Security, Network Design and Implementation, Windows Server Administration, System Administration, and Computer Networking.
- Network Design
- Network Troubleshooting
- Firewall Configuration
- Server Administration
- Security Protocols
- Switching and Routing
- System Monitoring
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Network Administrator Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: When applying for a position as a Walmart Network Administrator, it's important to demonstrate your technical prowess. Make sure to list any certifications or relevant training that you may have had in the past, as well as any experience you have working with network systems and software.
2. Showcase Your Communication Skills: Network Administrators often need to work with other departments and stakeholders in order to ensure that the system is functioning properly. To show that you are an effective communicator, include examples of successful projects or initiatives that you have worked on in the past where communication was key.
3. Demonstrate Your Problem-Solving Abilities: Working as a Walmart Network Administrator requires strong problem-solving skills. Showcase your ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly by listing any relevant experience that you have had in this area.
4. Include Relevant Coursework: If you are still studying or recently graduated from school, make sure to include coursework related to network administration on your resume. This will help demonstrate your knowledge of the field and give potential employers an idea of what kind of background you bring to the table.
5. Tailor Your Resume: It's important to customize your resume for each job application so that it speaks directly to the needs of the employer and showcases how you can fulfill them. Make sure to read through the job description carefully and tailor your resume accordingly so that it stands out from other applicants and shows why you are a great fit for the role!
Related: Network Administrator Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Network Administrator Resumes
When applying for a Network Administrator opportunity at Walmart, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application materials. This is because Walmart uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to assess potential candidates. ATS are designed to scan applications for predetermined keywords and phrases related to the role in order to measure a candidate's qualifications. Incorporating these keywords into your resume and cover letter can help ensure that your application gets noticed by Walmart's hiring team and increases the chances of being selected for an interview.
The following are some common skills and key terms you may encounter when applying for a network administrator position at Walmart:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Network Troubleshooting||Network Security|
|Firewall Administration||TCP/IP Protocols|
|DNS Management||DHCP Configuration|
|Routing Protocols||VPN Setup and Maintenance|
|WAN Technologies||LAN Technologies|
|Switching and VLANs||Wireless Networking|
|Network Monitoring||System Administration|
|Server Administration||Network Design and Architecture|
|Scripting and Automation||Cloud Computing Technologies|
|Virtualization Technologies||VoIP Technologies|
|Quality of Service (QoS) Management||Data Backup and Recovery|
Related: Network Administrator Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Network Administrator Resumes
Using the same action verbs in a resume can make it dull and uninspiring. To create an effective Walmart Network Administrator Resume, it is important to use varied action verbs that accurately describe the duties and accomplishments of the job. For example, instead of simply saying "managed," you could use words like "coordinated," "supervised," or "directed" to express different levels of responsibility. Additionally, action verbs like "developed," "initiated," or "launched" can be used to demonstrate innovative thinking and problem-solving skills. By using varied language to describe your experience, you can make your resume stand out from the competition.
To give you an advantage in the job market, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to help strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview: