Walmart Merchandiser Resume Examples
This article provides examples of effective Walmart merchandiser resumes that emphasize relevant job skills and demonstrate the value potential employers can gain from hiring a qualified candidate.
Published 8 min read
This article provides a step-by-step guide to writing a resume for Walmart as Merchandiser. It offers tips on how to showcase your skills and experience, and highlights the key responsibilities of a Merchandiser at Walmart, such as product ordering, inventory management and customer service. Additionally, it provides advice on how to make sure your resume stands out from the competition.
Walmart Merchandiser Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Merchandiser Resume Example
Viridiana Verd, Merchandiser
I am a highly motivated Merchandiser with over 1 year of experience in the industry. I have a strong background in retail merchandising, customer service, and inventory management. I have a proven track record of increasing sales and profits through effective product placement and promotional activities. I am experienced in developing store displays, creating signage, and implementing promotional campaigns. I possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, allowing me to work well with vendors, store managers, and customers. I am highly motivated to drive sales and increase customer satisfaction.
Senior Merchandiser at Belk, NC
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed and implemented a strategic plan to increase sales of women's contemporary apparel by 20%, resulting in over $2.5M in additional revenue for Belk, NC within the first year.
- Successfully collaborated with store personnel across all locations to ensure effective merchandise placement that drove an average 8% lift on key items throughout the season.
- Spearheaded new vendor partnerships which resulted in exclusive product lines being offered at select stores, leading to a 10% growth rate compared to previous years.
Merchandiser at Marshalls, NC
Aug 2022 - Sep 2022
- Developed and implemented a planogram strategy that increased sales by 15% in the Marshalls NC store: Developed an innovative layout for merchandise display which included analyzing customer buying trends, product placement strategies, space allocation techniques and visual merchandising principles.
- Generated more than $25K of additional revenue through markdowns optimization within 3 months: Analyzed inventory levels to determine pricing points on excess stock items; conducted regular price audits across departments to ensure accuracy; adjusted prices according to consumer demand fluctuations.
- Facilitated successful launch of 10 new brands into the Marshalls NC location over 6-month period: Coordinated with vendors/suppliers regarding product delivery timelines while adhering strictly to budget constraints; developed promotional campaigns designed specifically around each brand’s unique target market demographic.
Bachelor of Science in Merchandising at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Principles of Merchandising, Retail Buying and Planning, Visual Merchandising, Global Sourcing and Sustainability, Merchandise Promotion and Marketing.
- Analytical Skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Product Knowledge
- Retail Math
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Retail Merchandiser (CRM)
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Merchandiser Resume
1. Highlight Your Skills: Make sure to include any relevant experience or skills you have that are applicable to being a Walmart Merchandiser. These could include knowledge of retail practices, customer service, merchandising principles, product knowledge, and inventory management.
2. Focus on Relevant Work Experience: Showcase your past experiences that are most pertinent to the job you’re applying for. This could mean highlighting jobs in retail or similar fields such as customer service or sales.
3. Use Action Words: When describing your work experience, use action words such as “developed” and “implemented” to demonstrate your accomplishments in detail.
4. Incorporate Keywords: Look at the job description and incorporate keywords from it into your resume so hiring managers will recognize them when they scan it.
5. Proofread: Before submitting your resume, review it for any typos or grammatical errors and make sure all information is accurate and up-to-date.
Related: Merchandiser Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Merchandiser Resumes
When applying for a Merchandiser opportunity at Walmart, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because Walmart uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan resumes and applications for keywords that match the job description. If you don't use the same language as the job description in your application, you may not be considered for the role. Therefore, it is essential to include relevant keywords in order to increase your chances of success when applying for a Merchandiser position at Walmart.
Below is a list of key skills and terms you may come across when applying for a Merchandiser position at Walmart:
-Attention to Detail
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Visual Merchandising||Inventory Management|
|Negotiation Skills||Analytical Skills|
|Planning & Forecasting||Budgeting & Cost Control|
|Retail Math||Sales Analysis|
|Pricing Strategies||Market Research|
|Brand Management||Customer Service|
|Communication Skills||Time Management|
|Leadership Skills||Problem-Solving Abilities|
|Computer Proficiency||Creativity & Innovation|
|Adaptability & Flexibility||Attention to Detail|
Related: Merchandiser Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Merchandiser Resumes
Finding varied action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, especially when it comes to creating a Walmart Merchandiser Resume. Using varied action verbs helps to give the resume more impact and creates a stronger impression for the reader. Action verbs such as managed, organized, and negotiated are commonly used by merchandisers, but you should also consider action verbs like innovated, collaborated, and implemented to make your resume stand out from the competition. Employers are looking for candidates who demonstrate their abilities through concrete examples of accomplishments rather than simply listing job responsibilities. By using different action verbs on your resume you can effectively showcase your skillset and show employers that you have what it takes to be a successful Walmart Merchandiser.
To give you a competitive edge in your job search, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that will help strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Merchandiser do?