Starbucks Event Planner Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article provides a comprehensive guide on crafting an effective resume for the position of Event Planner at Starbucks. It details the relevant skills, qualifications, and experience needed to catch the eye of hiring managers in this highly competitive field. From understanding Starbucks' brand philosophy to demonstrating your ability to plan large-scale events, this article offers valuable insights into what Starbucks looks for in potential event planners. It also shares tips on how to effectively communicate your past experiences and achievements in event planning, emphasizing transferable skills and qualities that make you a strong candidate for the role.
Starbucks Event Planner Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Starbucks Event Planner Resume Example
Aram Govreau, Event Planner
Detail-oriented Event Planner with 1 year of experience in the field. Demonstrated expertise in planning, coordinating, and executing a variety of events, from corporate meetings to large-scale social gatherings. Proficient in budget management, vendor coordination, and event promotion. Exceptional organizational skills, creativity, and customer service focus. Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Dedicated to creating memorable and successful events that exceed client expectations.
Event Planner at Creative Concepts by Lisa, CT
Jun 2023 - Present
- Successfully planned and executed over 100 unique events during a single year, resulting in a 20% increase in client bookings for Creative Concepts by Lisa.
- Implemented a new event management software that improved efficiency by 30%, enabling the team to handle more clients and events simultaneously.
- Reduced event planning costs by 15% by negotiating with vendors and suppliers, thus increasing the company's overall profit margin.
- Led a team to organize a major conference for a client with over 500 attendees, which was completed within budget and received positive feedback from the client, leading to a 10% client retention rate.
Assistant Event Planner at Detaille Weddings & Events, CT
Sep 2022 - May 2023
- Successfully coordinated and executed over 50 weddings and events in a single year, resulting in positive feedback from clients and a 20% increase in referrals for the company.
- Implemented a new event management software that increased efficiency by 30%, reducing planning time and allowing for more focus on client interaction and service.
- Managed a tight budget for a large-scale event with over 500 attendees, successfully saving the company 15% in costs while still delivering a high-quality event.
Bachelor of Science in Event Management at University of Connecticut, CT
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Event Planning, Hospitality Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Project Management, Financial Management in Events, Event Risk Management, Catering Management, and Communication Studies.
- Risk Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social Media Marketing
- Adobe Photoshop
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP)
Tips for Writing a Better Starbucks Event Planner Resume
1. Highlight Your Experience: If you have previously worked as an event planner, be sure to include this in your resume. Mention all the events you have planned and managed successfully, especially those related to food and beverage industry.
2. Showcase Relevant Skills: Show off your skills that are relevant for a Starbucks event planner position such as organization, communication, time management, creativity, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
3. Include Certifications: If you have any certifications related to event planning or hospitality management, include them in your resume. This will give you an edge over other candidates.
4. Use Action Verbs: Using action verbs like "coordinated", "managed", "planned" etc., can make your resume more impactful.
5. Quantify Successes: Whenever possible, quantify the successes of the events you've planned in terms of attendees number, budget handled, or revenue generated.
6. Be Specific About Your Role: Be specific about what role you played in planning and executing each event. This could range from selecting venues to negotiating with vendors or coordinating logistics.
7. Understand Starbucks Branding: Demonstrate understanding of Starbucks' branding and company culture in your resume. This shows potential employers that you can plan events that align with their brand image.
8. Proofread Your Resume: Before submitting your resume, proofread it thoroughly for spelling and grammatical errors.
9. Customize Your Resume: Tailor your resume for each job application by highlighting the most relevant experiences and skills according to the job description provided by Starbucks.
10. Use Professional Formatting: Keep formatting clean and professional looking with easy-to-read fonts and bullet points for listing details.
11. Include Voluntary Work or Internships: If you lack formal work experience but have done voluntary work or internships related to event planning, do not hesitate to include these experiences on your resume.
12. Add References if Possible: If possible add references from previous employers who can vouch for your competence as an event planner.
Related: Event Planner Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Starbucks Event Planner Resumes
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are commonly used by companies like Starbucks to streamline their recruitment process. These systems scan resumes for specific keywords related to the job description, such as "event planning", "logistics management", or "vendor coordination". If your resume does not contain these essential keywords, it may be automatically filtered out before a human recruiter even sees it. Therefore, when applying for an Event Planner role at Starbucks, it is crucial to incorporate relevant keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter. This will increase your chances of passing through the ATS and getting your application seen by a hiring manager.
When applying for event planner positions at Starbucks, you may encounter common skills and key terms in the job description.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies
|Attention to Detail
|Marketing and Promotion
|Decision Making Ability
|Flexibility and Adaptability
|Understanding of Event Technology
|Knowledge of Safety Regulations
|Stress Management Skills
|Cultural Awareness for International Events
Common Action Verbs for Starbucks Event Planner Resumes
Crafting an effective Starbucks Event Planner Resume can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to selecting diverse action verbs. It's easy to fall into the trap of using the same, common verbs like 'led', 'managed', or 'organized'. However, this lack of variety can make your resume blend in with others and fail to catch the attention of recruiters. Using different action verbs is crucial as they not only help to depict your skills and experiences more vividly but also add a unique touch to your resume. They show your ability to perform various tasks and responsibilities, making you a more appealing candidate for the Starbucks Event Planner position. Therefore, investing time in finding and incorporating varied action verbs is fundamental for creating an impactful resume that stands out from the crowd.
To provide you with an advantage over other candidates, we've put together a list of impactful action verbs that can enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does an Event Planner do?