Microsoft Web Developer Resume Examples
Published 8 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to write a resume when applying for a Web Developer position at Microsoft. It will cover topics such as what skills to highlight, which experiences to include, how to tailor your resume for the job, and tips for making your resume stand out from the competition.
Microsoft Web Developer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft Web Developer Resume Example
Wyetta Balanda, Web Developer
St. Paul, MN
Senior Web Developer at Clockwork, MN
Nov 2022 - Present
- Developed a new e-commerce website for Clockwork, MN that increased online sales by 25% within the first 6 months of launch.
- Created a custom content management system for Clockwork, MN that improved web page loading times by 40% and drastically improved user experience.
- Led a team of 5 web developers in creating a mobile application for Clockwork, MN that was downloaded over 10,000 times in the first month of release.
- Developed an automated customer service system for Clockwork, MN that reduced customer service phone calls by 15% within the first 3 months of implementation.
Web Developer at Spire Digital, MN
Jul 2022 - Oct 2022
- Developed a custom web application for a client that increased pageviews by 30% and reduced customer service inquiries by 25%.
- Optimized an ecommerce website, resulting in a 15% increase in orders and a 10% decrease in cart abandonment rate.
- Created a suite of automated advertising tools that improved the accuracy of targeting by 40%.
- Developed a mobile-friendly website for a client that resulted in a 45% increase in mobile traffic and a 20% increase in mobile conversions.
Bachelor of Science in Web Development at University of Minnesota Twin Cities, MN
Aug 2017 - May 2022
- Responsive Design
- Database Management
- Version Control (Git)
- Web Server Administration
- Certified Web Developer (CWD)
- Certified Professional in Front-End Development (CPFED)
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft Web Developer Resume
2. Highlight Your Relevant Experience: Describe the projects you’ve worked on for past employers that relate directly to Microsoft web development. Include any relevant certifications or awards you’ve earned.
3. Showcase Your Soft Skills: Software development is not just about coding; it also involves working with others in a team environment and communicating your ideas clearly. Make sure to highlight these soft skills in your resume so potential employers can see how well-rounded you are.
4. Use an ATS-Friendly Format: Many companies use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to screen resumes before they even reach a hiring manager’s desk. To ensure that your resume gets through this stage, make sure it is well-formatted and optimized for ATS systems by using keywords related to Microsoft web development.
5. Tailor Your Resume for Each Application: Don’t send the same generic resume out to every job application; instead, be sure to customize each one based on the job description and company culture of the organization you’re applying to. This will help ensure that your resume stands out from the crowd and shows potential employers why you would be a great fit for their position!
Related: Web Developer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft Web Developer Resumes
When applying for a Web Developer opportunity at Microsoft, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume or cover letter. This is because Microsoft uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to review candidate applications. The ATS scans resumes for specific keywords that match the job criteria and ranks applicants based on their relevance to the position. Incorporating relevant keywords in your application will make sure it is given adequate consideration by the ATS and increases your chances of being selected for an interview.
When applying for web developer positions at Microsoft, common skills and key terms you may encounter include the following:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Cross-Browser Compatibility||SEO Optimization|
|Web Security||UI/UX Design|
|Testing & Debugging||CMS Development|
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft Web Developer Resumes
Finding different action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, especially when creating a Microsoft Web Developer Resume. It is important to find varied verbs that accurately represent the skills and experience of the individual, as this will make the resume stand out from other applicants. Using strong, descriptive words will help employers quickly identify how an applicant’s experience and abilities would fit into their organization. Additionally, using varied verbs can give the resume a more dynamic feel and demonstrate creativity on behalf of the applicant.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to help boost your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Web Developer do?