Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineers, including tips on how to highlight qualifications and experience.
Updated 9 min read
This article will provide a comprehensive guide on how to craft an effective resume for a position as Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer. It will cover topics such as what experience and qualifications are needed for the role, how to highlight relevant skills and accomplishments, and tips for making your resume stand out from other applicants. Additionally, it will provide resources to help you create a professional-looking document that accurately represents your qualifications and experience.
Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resume Example
Babs Kanda, Cloud Storage Engineer
San Jose, CA
I am a cloud storage engineer with over 2 years of experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of cloud storage solutions. I have a proven ability to manage, deploy, and troubleshoot cloud storage services with a focus on customer service and satisfaction. I have experience in deploying and managing cloud storage solutions, including Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, and OpenStack Swift. I have also worked on high availability and disaster recovery solutions for cloud storage systems, as well as the automation of cloud storage services. In addition, I am familiar with a variety of scripting languages, such as Python, Bash, and PowerShell, which I have used to develop custom scripts to manage and automate cloud storage systems. My expertise lies in the design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of cloud storage solutions, as well as the automation of cloud storage systems. I am also familiar with the cloud storage certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect and Microsoft Azure Storage Administrator, and have successfully passed these exams.
Lead Cloud Storage Engineer at Google Cloud Storage, CA
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed and implemented a distributed, low-latency storage layer for Google Cloud Storage, resulting in a 10% increase in performance and a 15% reduction in costs.
- Architected and deployed a highly available cloud storage infrastructure for Google Cloud Storage, increasing availability up to 99.99%.
- Developed an automated backup system for Google Cloud Storage, reducing manual labor by 80% and decreasing restoration time from 8 hours to 2 minutes.
Senior Cloud Storage Engineer at Amazon Web Services (AWS), CA
Jul 2021 - Aug 2022
- Developed and implemented a storage system that increased storage capacity by 20% while reducing costs by 10%.
- Designed a cloud storage solution for a large enterprise customer that resulted in a 40% reduction in downtime.
- Streamlined the storage migration process, reducing the time required to complete migrations by 70%.
Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing at California State University, Long Beach
Sep 2016 - May 2021
Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Cloud Computing, Principles of Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Security, Cloud Computing Architecture, Cloud Computing Applications.
- Cloud Storage Solutions
- Networking & Security
- Linux/Unix Administration
- Automation and Scripting
- Troubleshooting & Problem-solving
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resume
1. Showcase Your Technical Skills: As a Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer, your technical skills are the most important. Make sure to include any technical certifications you have, such as an MCSA or MCSE certification, and list any relevant programming languages and software platforms you’re familiar with.
2. Highlight Your Relevant Experience: Demonstrate your experience in cloud storage engineering by outlining any past positions where you were responsible for managing a cloud infrastructure or related tasks. Include details about the projects you worked on and the results of your efforts.
3. Include Soft Skills: While technical skills are essential for this role, don’t forget to mention soft skills such as problem-solving, communication, and collaboration that are also important for success in this position.
4. Use Keywords: Employers often use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to filter resumes prior to human review, so it’s important to use keywords related to Microsoft cloud storage engineering throughout your resume so that it can be picked up by these systems.
5. Keep It Concise: Remember that employers receive many resumes for each job opening they post—you want yours to stand out among the others without being too long or cumbersome to read through quickly. Aim for a one-page resume that highlights your most relevant qualifications and experiences in an organized way.
Related: Cloud Engineer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resumes
When applying for a Cloud Storage Engineer opportunity at Microsoft, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because Microsoft uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to help them manage the large volume of applications they receive. These systems are designed to scan resumes and applications for relevant keywords, so if the right keywords are not used in your documents, then they could be overlooked in the screening process. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you use the same language and terminology as found in the job posting when creating your application materials.
When applying for a cloud storage engineer position at Microsoft, potential candidates should be familiar with the common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Azure||Google Cloud Platform|
|File Storage||Network Attached Storage (NAS)|
|Data Replication||Backup and Recovery|
|Security and Access Control||Automation and Orchestration|
|Monitoring and Troubleshooting||Capacity Planning|
|Performance Optimization||Cost Optimization|
|Scripting (Python, Bash, etc.)||DevOps Tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc.)|
|Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, KVM, etc.)||Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)|
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resumes
When it comes to creating a Microsoft Cloud Storage Engineer Resume, it can be difficult to find the right action verbs to use. It is important to use varied verbs and phrases in order to make the resume stand out. This will help employers quickly identify the skills, qualifications, and experience that you have that are relevant to the position. Using different action verbs such as “coordinated”, “implemented”, and “facilitated” instead of using words like “managed” or “handled” can help your resume stand out from other applicants. Additionally, using industry-specific words like “architected” and “deployed” can show potential employers that you know what you are talking about when it comes to cloud storage engineering.
Gain a competitive edge with this comprehensive list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Cloud Engineer do?