Google Video Editor Resume Examples
Published 8 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to write a resume for Google as Video Editor. It will cover topics such as the importance of emphasizing relevant skills and experience, tailoring your resume to the job description, showcasing accomplishments that demonstrate technical proficiency, and suggestions for optimizing your resume content for Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
Google Video Editor Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Google Video Editor Resume Example
Kathyria Talamas, Video Editor
As a Video Editor with over 3 years of experience, I have worked on a variety of projects in both post-production and live broadcast settings. I have extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and Avid Media Composer. My experience includes editing corporate videos, documentaries, television shows, and web content. I have also been responsible for creating motion graphics and visual effects. In addition, I am comfortable working with a wide range of cameras, audio equipment, and lighting setups. I am highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. My technical proficiency and creative eye allow me to produce high-quality video content quickly and efficiently.
Lead Video Editor at Chicago Video Editor, IL
Sep 2022 - Present
- Completed editing of over 200 corporate videos for Chicago Video Editor in a 2 year period, reducing client project costs by 15%.
- Developed an efficient workflow that allowed the team to reduce video production time from 10 days to 5 days.
- Implemented new software and hardware solutions which increased speed and quality of output by 20%.
- Created multiple tutorial videos used as training material for other editors, resulting in improved employee productivity across the board.
Senior Video Editor at Video Editor Solutions, IL
Sep 2020 - Jul 2022
- Edited and produced over 40 commercial videos for Video Editor Solutions, IL in a one-year period. This included both long form projects as well as shorter pieces that were used to promote the company's services online through social media channels.
- Streamlined video post production processes by introducing automated editing software solutions which enabled faster turnaround times on project deliverables with no sacrifice of quality or accuracy.
- Reduced budget costs associated with external editors and freelancers by 20% while maintaining high standards for all output material from internal team members at Video Editor Solutions, IL .
- Led key initiatives related to color grading/correction across multiple client accounts resulting in improved customer satisfaction ratings (as measured via survey) up 10%.
Associate of Arts in Video Editing at Columbia College Chicago, IL
Aug 2015 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Editing Tools, Cinematography, Post Production, Color Grading, and Digital Storytelling.
- Video Production
- Color Grading
- Audio Mixing/Editing
- Motion Graphics
- Adobe Certified Professional in Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Google Video Editor Resume
1. List Your Skills and Experience: Make sure to list all of your relevant skills and experience in a concise manner on your resume. Be sure to include any specialties you may have, such as audio editing or graphic design, as well as any software applications you are familiar with.
2. Showcase Your Portfolio: As a Google Video Editor, it is important to showcase your portfolio of work that best demonstrates your abilities. Include links to past projects and provide samples of completed work.
3. Highlight Relevant Achievements: When creating the resume, be sure to highlight any achievements related to video editing such as awards won from video competitions or recognition from clients for exceptional work. This will help demonstrate how successful you have been in the field of video editing.
4. Showcase Your Technical Knowledge: Demonstrate your technical knowledge by listing any certifications or training courses taken related to video editing and/or software applications used in the field. This will show potential employers that you have a good understanding of the industry and its tools and techniques.
5. Use Keywords: To make sure that your resume stands out among other applicants, be sure to use keywords associated with the job role when describing yourself and your skillset on the document. Doing this will help ensure that ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) recognize your resume during the hiring process
Related: Video Editor Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Google Video Editor Resumes
When applying for a Video Editor opportunity at Google, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter. This is because Google uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) which are automated systems used to pre-screen job applicants. These systems scan resumes and cover letters for certain keywords that match the job description to identify qualified candidates. If your resume and cover letter do not contain these keywords, you may be overlooked by the ATS and not considered for the role.
When applying for video editor positions at Google, you may come across common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Video Editing||Video Production|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||Final Cut Pro|
|Motion Graphics||Visual Effects (VFX)|
|Audio Editing||Color Grading|
|Non-Linear Editing (NLE)||After Effects|
|Compositing||Digital Video Encoding/Decoding (DVE)|
Common Action Verbs for Google Video Editor Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be tricky and time-consuming. It is important to choose varied verbs that accurately describe your qualifications and experiences in order to create a strong Google Video Editor resume. Using the same verbs over and over again can make your resume dull, so it pays off to take the time to brainstorm different terms that will make your work history stand out. Additionally, using specific industry-related words can help you appear more knowledgeable and demonstrate your competence in the field of video editing.
To give you an edge in the job market, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to help strengthen your resume and increase your chances of getting an interview:
Related: What does a Video Editor do?