CVS Pharmacist Resume Examples
This article provides an overview of CVS Pharmacist Resume Examples and tips for creating a successful resume to help you land your dream job.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to create a resume tailored specifically to the role of pharmacist at CVS. It will cover topics such as how to highlight your professional experience, skills, and education in order to demonstrate you are an ideal fit for the position. Additionally, it will include tips on how to use language that accurately reflects your capabilities and qualifications.
CVS Pharmacist Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Pharmacist Resume Example
Makalia Raffaele, Pharmacist
I am a Pharmacist with over 6 years of experience in providing safe, effective drug therapies to a wide variety of patients. I am capable of filling prescriptions, performing drug utilization reviews, and providing patient counseling and education. My knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacy operations, along with my strong communication skills, have enabled me to successfully serve my patients, and build strong relationships with healthcare providers and other staff members. I am confident in my ability to improve patient outcomes through effective medication management.
Pharmacist at CVS Pharmacy, NJ
Jan 2023 - Present
- Increased customer satisfaction by 20% by providing excellent customer service.
- Streamlined the prescription filling process by introducing a new system that reduced wait times by 30%.
- Reduced pharmacy inventory costs by 12% by negotiating better terms with vendors.
- Developed a training program for new pharmacy staff that improved the quality of services by 25%.
Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens Pharmacy, NJ
Sep 2021 - Dec 2022
- Processed over 500 prescriptions per day, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of each order (Walgreens Pharmacy, NJ, 2018-2020).
- Developed a system to organize and store medication data, resulting in a 50% decrease in prescription fulfillment time (Walgreens Pharmacy, NJ, 2018-2020).
- Maintained an average accuracy rate of 99.5% when filling prescriptions and verifying patient information (Walgreens Pharmacy, NJ, 2018-2020).
- Trained three new Pharmacy Technicians, resulting in a 15% increase in customer satisfaction (Walgreens Pharmacy, NJ, 2018-2020).
Pharmacy Intern at Rite Aid Pharmacy, NJ
Jul 2017 - Jul 2021
- Built strong relationships with customers and colleagues, resulting in increased customer loyalty and a 15% jump in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Assisted the pharmacist in managing inventory to ensure accurate drug supply levels, reducing back orders by 20%.
- Implemented a new system for tracking and recording prescriptions, resulting in a 10% increase in prescription accuracy.
- Streamlined the process for filling and delivering prescriptions, reducing wait times by 30%.
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) at Rutgers University School of Pharmacy, NJ
Aug 2012 - May 2017
Relevant Coursework: Pharmaceutical Care, Clinical Pathophysiology, Pharmacokinetics, Biostatistics, and Drug Interaction Analysis.
- Dispensing medication
- Clinical knowledge
- Patient counselling
- Drug compounding
- Regulatory compliance
- Record keeping
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP)
- Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties Certification in Nuclear Pharmacy
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Pharmacist Resume
1. Start with a strong summary or objective statement that highlights your qualifications and experience as a pharmacist. The summary should be concise and to the point, but make sure it explains why you’re the ideal candidate for the position.
2. Emphasize your relevant experience in the pharmacy field by including specific job duties, any certifications you possess, awards you have received, and any special training you’ve completed.
3. Include any volunteer work or extracurricular activities that demonstrate your commitment to helping others. This can show potential employers that you are dedicated to serving others and are passionate about healthcare.
4. Showcase your knowledge of medication safety protocols by highlighting any relevant coursework or certifications that prove your expertise in this area.
5. Demonstrate your ability to work with customers and other professionals by describing how you interact with them in previous positions or volunteer roles.
6. Highlight any computer skills you possess such as knowledge of pharmacy software systems and electronic medical records (EMR).
7. Be sure to include contact information so employers can easily reach out if they are interested in learning more about you.
Related: Pharmacist Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Pharmacist Resumes
When applying for a Pharmacist opportunity at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because CVS utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). ATS scans resumes and applications for certain keywords that appear in the job description, allowing employers to quickly identify qualified candidates. By ensuring your application contains relevant keywords, you can increase your chances of being noticed by CVS recruiters.
When applying for pharmacist positions at CVS, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Pharmacy operations||Medication dispensing|
|Pharmaceutical calculations||Drug interactions|
|Prescription interpretation||Patient counseling|
|Quality assurance||Regulatory compliance|
|Compounding medications||Inventory management|
|Sterile compounding techniques||Pharmaceutical compounding|
|Drug delivery systems||Clinical pharmacy services|
|Disease state management||Medical terminology|
|Pharmacology knowledge||Computer proficiency|
|Communication skills||Problem-solving ability|
|Attention to detail||Time management|
Related: Pharmacist Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Pharmacist Resumes
Finding varied and powerful action verbs to use on a resume can be a challenge, but it is essential for creating an effective CVS Pharmacist Resume. Using the same verbs over and over again can make a resume dull and uninteresting. Instead, use words that accurately describe your qualifications and experience in a way that is interesting and engaging. Examples of strong action verbs for a CVS Pharmacist Resume include managed, supervised, administered, prescribed, dispensed, counseled, educated, collaborated, developed, and monitored. By using these types of words to describe your skillset and experience you will create a resume that stands out from the crowd.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that you can use to enhance your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Pharmacist do?