CVS Merchandiser Resume Examples
Published 8 min read
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to write an effective resume for a Merchandiser position at CVS. It will cover topics such as what type of information to include, how to highlight relevant experience and skills, and tips for making your resume stand out from the competition. By following these steps, you can ensure that your resume gives you the best chance of landing an interview with CVS.
CVS Merchandiser Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Merchandiser Resume Example
Auburn Haddan, Merchandiser
I am a highly driven, results-oriented Merchandiser with over 3 years of experience in the retail industry. I have strong experience with merchandising, inventory management, and vendor relations. My expertise lies in creating and executing store plans, maximizing sales opportunities, and managing inventory. I have a proven ability to quickly adapt to changing customer demands and have the ability to think strategically and creatively. I am an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. I am confident that I can make a positive contribution to any organization.
Senior Merchandiser at Target, MD
Dec 2022 - Present
- Achieved a 4% increase in sales for the Target MD location within a 6-month period (April-October 2018). Analyzed store trends and implemented strategies to improve product placement, inventory management, and promotional offers.
- Led successful product launches of 25 new items, resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction ratings. Developed strong relationships with vendors and suppliers to negotiate competitive pricing and secure additional stock.
- Developed an innovative visual merchandising system that resulted in an 8% increase in store traffic. Created an effective planogram and provided training to staff on proper display techniques.
Merchandiser at Walmart, MD
Aug 2020 - Oct 2022
- Achieved a 4% YOY growth in sales by introducing new product categories and increasing shelf space for existing products: As the Merchandiser at Walmart, MD, I successfully introduced new product categories to the store, such as pet food, home décor, and apparel, and increased shelf space for existing products. This resulted in a 4% year-over-year growth in sales.
- Developed and implemented effective promotional campaigns: I developed and implemented several effective promotional campaigns, such as offering discounts and coupons, which increased store traffic and improved sales.
- Optimized product assortment to match customer needs: I optimized the product assortment to better meet customer needs, which led to an increase in customer satisfaction and loyalty. This resulted in a 3% increase in the store’s customer retention rate.
Bachelor of Science in Merchandising at University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Aug 2016 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Principles of Merchandising, Textiles & Apparel, Visual Merchandising, Marketing & Retail Strategy, Product Development & Sourcing.
- Product knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Retail Merchandiser (CRM)
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Merchandiser Resume
1. Include a Professional Summary: Your resume should include a professional summary to provide an overview of your skills and experience as a CVS Merchandiser. This section should highlight your key strengths, such as customer service, product knowledge, and problem-solving abilities.
2. Highlight Key Skills: Make sure to include the most important skills you possess that make you a great merchandiser for CVS, such as inventory management, retail sales techniques, and visual merchandising.
3. Showcase Your Experience: Employers are looking for experienced CVS Merchandisers who can hit the ground running. Make sure to list any relevant work experience with details such as job duties and accomplishments in order to demonstrate your expertise in the field.
4. Use Action Words: The language you use while writing your resume should be active and engaging. Use action words such as “developed” or “implemented” instead of passive phrases like “was responsible for” in order to make it more powerful and effective.
5. Proofread: Always give yourself enough time to proofread your resume before submitting it in order to ensure that all information is accurate and there are no typos or grammatical errors present.
Related: Merchandiser Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Merchandiser Resumes
When applying for a Merchandiser opportunity at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because CVS uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) which scan applications for relevant keywords. If the ATS does not detect enough of these keywords, your application may be overlooked or rejected. Therefore, by including the same language from the job description in your resume and cover letter, you can increase your chances of having your application noticed and considered for further review.
When applying for a merchandiser position at CVS, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as the following:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Product Knowledge||Analytical Skills|
|Negotiation Skills||Visual Merchandising|
|Communication Skills||Planning & Organizing|
|Budgeting & Forecasting||Market Research & Analysis|
|Retail Math & Financials||Trend Analysis|
|Inventory Management||Customer Service|
|Data Entry||Microsoft Office Suite|
|Strategic Thinking||Attention to Detail|
Common Action Verbs for CVS Merchandiser Resumes
Finding different action verbs to use on a resume can be quite challenging. In order to stand out from the competition, it is important to use varied and specific verbs that accurately describe your experience and qualifications. For example, if you are applying for a CVS Merchandiser position, words such as “stocked”, “merchandised”, “organized” and “monitored” would be more appropriate than the generic “worked” or “assisted”. Using these more specific words will help highlight your skills and make your resume stand out from the crowd.
To help you stand out from the competition, we've put together a list of powerful action verbs that can be used to strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Merchandiser do?