Amazon Web Developer Resume Examples
This article provides examples of Amazon Web Developer resumes and tips to help you craft an effective resume for a successful job search.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide readers with the essential steps to creating an effective resume when applying for a Web Developer position at Amazon. It will cover topics such as how to highlight relevant work experience, showcase technical skills, and craft a compelling summary of qualifications. Additionally, it will offer advice on how to best tailor the resume for Amazon’s hiring process.
Amazon Web Developer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Amazon Web Developer Resume Example
Suhaila Harler, Web Developer
Senior Web Developer at Synovus, GA
Sep 2022 - Present
- Developed a secure web application for Synovus that enabled customers to access their accounts online, resulting in an increase of 20% customer satisfaction ratings.
- Optimized the performance and scalability of existing applications with improved code structure, leading to reduced website loading time by 80%.
- Collaborated with marketing team on developing innovative digital solutions which resulted in boosting traffic from organic search sources by 50%.
- Implemented automated processes within web development cycle that decreased manual efforts up to 30%, thereby increasing efficiency.
Web Developer at Cox Enterprises, GA
Jul 2022 - Jul 2022
- Implemented AJAX functionality on various websites owned by Cox Enterprises which improved page load times from 8 seconds to 3 seconds resulting in 20% increase in website traffic over 6 months period.
- Developed custom APIs using NodeJS and Express framework allowing seamless integration between back end services such as authentication service & payment processing gateways increasing customer satisfaction rate up to 80%.
- Actively monitored server performance metrics utilizing tools like New Relic; identified potential security threats before they caused any disruption leading towards 100% uptime for all hosted applications under supervision.
Bachelor of Science in Web Development at Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Programming Languages, Web Development Frameworks, Databases, User Interaction Design, and Mobile Application Development.
- Responsive Design
- Database Management
- Web Security
- Version Control
- Certified Web Developer (CWD)
- Certified Professional in Front-End Development (CPFED)
Tips for Writing a Better Amazon Web Developer Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: As an Amazon Web Developer, you should focus on highlighting your technical skills and experience when writing a resume. Make sure to include all of the programming languages, frameworks, databases, and other technologies you’ve worked with. Also be sure to mention any relevant certifications or training programs you have completed.
2. Include Relevant Projects: List out any projects that showcase your development work as an Amazon Web Developer. This could include websites, applications, or features that you developed for clients or employers. Be sure to include specific details about the project such as the technologies used, challenges faced, and the outcome achieved.
3. Use Action-Oriented Language: To make your resume stand out from other applicants, use action-oriented language to describe your accomplishments and experiences as an Amazon Web Developer. Instead of simply listing activities or tasks performed in past roles, explain how you solved problems or created solutions for customers or employers using web development techniques.
4. Showcase Your Soft Skills: While technical skills are important for web developers, it’s also beneficial to highlight soft skills such as communication and problem-solving abilities on your resume. Demonstrate how these qualities have enabled you to work more effectively with colleagues and customers while developing websites and applications for them.
Related: Web Developer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Amazon Web Developer Resumes
When applying for any job at Amazon, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is especially true when applying for a Web Developer role. This is because Amazon uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to scan applications for relevant keywords in order to determine which applicants are qualified for the position. Therefore, making sure that you include the right keywords in your application can significantly increase your chances of getting noticed and being considered for the role.
When applying for web developer positions at Amazon, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|SEO Optimization||Security & Performance Testing|
|UX/UI Design||WordPress Development|
|Web Hosting & Server Management||Content Management Systems (CMS)|
Related: Web Developer Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Amazon Web Developer Resumes
Creating an effective Amazon Web Developer Resume can be challenging, as it requires finding the right balance between using strong action verbs and avoiding repetition. It is important to select words that accurately describe your skills, abilities, and accomplishments. Additionally, it is beneficial to use a variety of words to make your resume stand out and demonstrate that you have a wide range of experience. Examples of action verbs you can use in your Amazon Web Developer Resume include designed, developed, implemented, tested, analyzed, optimized, monitored and maintained.
Gain a competitive advantage with our list of powerful action verbs that can help strengthen your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Web Developer do?