Amazon Systems Programmer Resume Examples
This article will provide examples of resumes for Amazon Systems Programmers, highlighting key skills and experiences that hiring managers look for.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide an overview of how to write a resume for a Systems Programmer position at Amazon. It will cover the key elements to include in your background and experience sections, as well as tips on how to highlight your programming skills and expertise. Additionally, it will discuss how to tailor your resume for Amazon's unique corporate culture and values.
Amazon Systems Programmer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Amazon Systems Programmer Resume Example
Kalliopi Fulginiti, Systems Programmer
I am a Systems Programmer with over 3 years of experience in system administration and software development. I have a solid background in developing and administering systems and applications. I am highly skilled in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Bash, and have experience with Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL databases. I have a strong understanding of the principles of software engineering, including design, implementation, testing, debugging, and maintenance. I have successfully implemented and maintained systems for several clients in the past and have a proven track record of success. I am a highly motivated and organized individual with excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Senior Systems Programmer at Apple Inc., IL
Nov 2022 - Present
- Developed a new system for the Apple Inc., IL customer service team that increased productivity by 25%, reducing response time from 3 days to 2 hours.
- Implemented automated testing protocols of all newly developed software, resulting in improved accuracy and reliability with an average bug resolution rate of 95%.
- Created custom scripts to automate certain processes which saved over 500 man-hours per month.
- Developed APIs and optimized database queries, increasing query speed by 40% on average while decreasing server load times significantly.
Systems Programmer at Microsoft Corporation, IL
Jul 2020 - Sep 2022
- Developed a system of automated deployment scripts, reducing the time required for manual deployments by 75%.
- Implemented an Azure-based cloud computing platform to reduce operational costs and improve scalability. This resulted in savings of over $250K annually.
- Developed new tools that enabled more efficient debugging processes which reduced resolution times from 1 week down to 2 days on average across all projects within Microsoft Corporation IL.
- Designed and implemented multiple database solutions with high availability resulting in 99% uptime throughout the year at no additional cost compared to traditional systems architecture models.
Bachelor of Science in Systems Programming at Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
Sep 2016 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Computer Architecture, Operating Systems Design, Database Programming, Network Security, Computer Programming, and Algorithm Design.
- System Analysis
- Database Management
- Security Protocols
- Certified Systems Programmer (CSP)
- Certified Advanced System Administrator (CASA)
Tips for Writing a Better Amazon Systems Programmer Resume
1. Make sure to include any relevant experience you have related to the position, such as any programming languages you are familiar with or systems engineering experience.
2. Highlight your technical skills, such as computer networking and database management.
3. Showcase your problem-solving abilities by listing specific challenges you have solved and how you went about it.
4. Demonstrate your ability to work in a team environment by including projects that required collaboration with others.
5. Include any certifications or awards that are related to the position or demonstrate your expertise in Amazon systems programming.
6. Demonstrate your knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, such as EC2, S3, EMR, etc., if applicable.
7. Include links to online portfolios or other samples of your work that show off your skillset and technical proficiency in Amazon systems programming.
Related: Systems Programmer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Amazon Systems Programmer Resumes
The use of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) by companies such as Amazon is becoming increasingly common. To ensure your application stands out and reaches the right people, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description when applying for a Systems Programmer opportunity at Amazon. ATSs scan applications for key words and phrases, so if your application doesn't contain these then it may be overlooked. Take the time to review the job description carefully and include any relevant words or phrases in your cover letter and CV. Doing this will help you get noticed by recruiters, increase your chances of being selected for an interview, and ultimately make sure that you don't miss out on a great opportunity!
When applying for a Systems Programmer position at Amazon, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Operating Systems||Server Administration|
|Software Development||Cloud Computing|
|Network Protocols||Storage Technologies|
Related: Systems Programmer Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Amazon Systems Programmer Resumes
Finding varied action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult. However, it is important to use different verbs in order to create an Amazon Systems Programmer Resume that stands out. Using the same words over and over again can make a resume appear bland and boring. To avoid this, take some time to research different action verbs that are relevant to the position you are applying for. This will help your resume stand out from the competition and show potential employers that you have the skills necessary for the job.
Gain a competitive edge with this powerful list of action verbs to strengthen your resume and land your next interview:
Related: What does a Systems Programmer do?