Amazon Systems Administrator Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Amazon Systems Administrators, as well as tips on how to create an effective resume.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide a comprehensive guide for Systems Administrators looking to create an effective and professional resume for Amazon. It will cover topics such as how to highlight relevant experience, creating a powerful summary statement, using keywords and buzzwords that Amazon looks for, and leveraging accomplishments to showcase your skills. With this information, readers can create a resume that stands out among the competition and increases their chances of getting hired at Amazon.
Amazon Systems Administrator Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Amazon Systems Administrator Resume Example
Faye Rubinic, Systems Administrator
I am an experienced Systems Administrator with over 3 years of professional experience. I have a strong knowledge of networking protocols, server hardware, and system maintenance. I am experienced in setting up and maintaining Windows, Linux and Mac OSX servers, as well as configuring and troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and FTP services. I have a great understanding of system security principles and am able to deploy and maintain firewalls and security policies. I am able to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects without sacrificing quality. My strong customer service skills have enabled me to provide excellent support to clients and colleagues.
Systems Administrator at Allstate Insurance Company, IL
Sep 2022 - Present
- Implemented a new network architecture for Allstate Insurance Company, IL that enabled the organization to increase its operational efficiency by 25%. This included designing and deploying an advanced active directory infrastructure with enhanced security measures.
- Developed automated scripts which reduced manual labor time associated with system administration tasks by 40%, leading to cost savings of $25K annually.
- Installed and configured virtualization software on 10 servers resulting in improved scalability across production environments, increasing server utilization from 20% up to 75%.
- Constructed robust disaster recovery plans for all critical data systems at Allstate Insurance Company, IL; these proactive steps minimized downtime during unexpected outages or natural disasters saving the company over 50 hours of lost productivity per year.
Junior Systems Administrator at Caterpillar Inc., IL
Sep 2020 - Aug 2022
- Developed and implemented a new network infrastructure for Caterpillar Inc. IL, resulting in increased efficiency of up to 15% with minimal downtime (less than 1%).
- Assisted the IT team during an upgrade project from Windows Server 2008 R2 to 2016, ensuring all systems were updated without any major disruption or data loss.
- Created disaster recovery plans that successfully prevented significant financial losses due to system outages by 30%.
- Automated daily tasks using PowerShell scripting which reduced manual labor time significantly – saving 10 hours per week on average.
Associate of Science in Systems Administration at College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL
Sep 2015 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Operating Systems Administration, Networking Administration, Database Administration, System Security, and Virtualization.
- System Security
- Operating Systems
- Server Administration
- CompTIA Linux+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure
Tips for Writing a Better Amazon Systems Administrator Resume
1. Quantify Your Achievements: Whenever possible, try to quantify your achievements on your resume. This means providing numbers and figures that demonstrate the impact of your work. For example, if you improved system performance by 40%, be sure to include this statistic.
2. Highlight Relevant Experience: When listing previous experience, make sure that you focus on those experiences which are most relevant to the position of Amazon Systems Administrator. If you have any certifications or specializations related to Amazon systems administration, be sure to highlight them in a prominent place on your resume.
3. Use Keywords: When writing up a resume for an Amazon Systems Administrator position, it’s important to use keywords from the job description in order to best match yourself with the job requirements. Make sure that you use words like “Amazon Web Services”, “AWS” and other terms associated with the job in order to get noticed by employers.
4. Showcase Soft Skills: As a Systems Administrator, soft skills such as problem solving, communication and teamwork are all important attributes that employers look for in applicants. Make sure that these skills are highlighted prominently on your resume so that employers can see how well-rounded you are as an employee.
5. Proofread: Before submitting your resume for an Amazon Systems Administrator position, make sure that you proofread it carefully for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Even one small mistake can cost you an interview!
Related: Systems Administrator Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Amazon Systems Administrator Resumes
When applying for a Systems Administrator opportunity at Amazon, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because Amazon uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to screen the applications they receive. ATS scan resumes and applications for keywords that match the job description. If there are no keywords or phrases in your application that match the job description, your application may not be seen by human hiring managers. Incorporating relevant keywords into your application can help ensure you will make it through the initial screening process and have a better chance of getting an interview.
When applying for a systems administrator position at Amazon, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Windows Server||Linux Server|
|Scripting (PowerShell, Bash)||Firewalls/Routers/Switches|
|DHCP/DNS/IP Addressing||Storage Management|
|Backup and Recovery||Monitoring and Logging|
|Automation and Orchestration||Web Servers (Apache, IIS)|
|Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure)||Email Servers (Exchange, Postfix)|
|Database Administration (SQL Server, Oracle)||VoIP Systems (Asterisk, FreePBX)|
|Network Performance Optimization||Software Deployment and Updates|
Related: Systems Administrator Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Amazon Systems Administrator Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, especially for Amazon Systems Administrator Resumes. It is important to use varied and powerful verbs in order to stand out from other applicants and make your resume more engaging. Some of the most common action verbs used by Amazon Systems Administrators include implemented, managed, maintained, monitored, configured, troubleshot, optimized, and upgraded. However, it is also important to think outside the box when selecting words that accurately describe your accomplishments. Think about specific tasks you have completed or skills you possess and choose words that precisely convey those experiences.
Give yourself a competitive edge by utilizing powerful action verbs in your resume. Here is a list of words that can help you stand out and get the interview you've been hoping for: