Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resume Examples
This article provides several examples of Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer resumes to help job seekers create a strong resume and stand out from the competition.
Updated 9 min read
This article will provide guidance on how to craft a resume specifically tailored for an IT Infrastructure Engineer position at Amazon. It will cover topics such as the order of sections, what content to include in each section, and tips to make your resume stand out as an ideal candidate for the role. Additionally, it will discuss how to highlight relevant skills and experience that make you uniquely suited for the job, as well as strategies for highlighting accomplishments that demonstrate your technical capabilities.
Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resume Example
Levon Karlowski, IT Infrastructure Engineer
A highly experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer with over 3 years of professional experience in designing, deploying, and maintaining highly reliable IT infrastructures for organizations of all sizes. Possessed strong expertise in server and network infrastructure, system integration, cloud computing, and virtualization technologies. Experienced in setting up and troubleshooting Linux and Windows server systems, and configuring and managing network systems, virtualization, storage solutions, and cloud-based platforms. Demonstrated success in leading projects to upgrade existing systems, migrate data, and improve performance. Possessed superior interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer at Networking Technologies, Inc., WV
Dec 2022 - Present
- Implemented an automated network monitoring system that improved uptime by 30%, resulting in more efficient operations and reducing downtime costs for Networking Technologies, Inc.
- Developed a new security policy to protect the company’s data from internal and external threats, successfully blocking over 50% of malicious attacks within 6 months.
- Led a major IT infrastructure project which included upgrading hardware and software components at 12 locations across West Virginia; completed 3 weeks ahead of schedule with zero disruption to business processes or customer service levels.
IT Infrastructure Engineer at Technology Solutions Group, LLC, WV
Aug 2020 - Nov 2022
- Upgraded the company’s network infrastructure to support 150+ users, resulting in a 25% increase in system performance and reliability.
- Implemented server virtualization project that reduced hardware costs by 40%, while increasing data security and availability for clients.
- Designed an automated backup solution which improved disaster recovery time from 72 hours to 4 hours without additional cost or effort on behalf of the client.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Infrastructure Engineering at West Virginia University Institute of Technology, Montgomery, WV
Aug 2016 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Network Analysis, Operating Systems and System Administration, Database Design and Management, Information Security, and Network Management and Performance Tuning.
- System Administration
- Cloud Computing
- Data Center Management
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure
Tips for Writing a Better Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resume
1. Highlight your technical achievements: When crafting your resume for an Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer position, make sure to highlight any technical achievements that you have made in your past roles. This could include developing new systems or processes, implementing complex network solutions, or troubleshooting difficult problems.
2. Showcase your knowledge of Amazon’s infrastructure: Employers will want to see that you understand the intricacies of Amazon’s infrastructure and how it works. Make sure to include any experience you have with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud-based services.
3. List certifications: If you have relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, make sure to list them on your resume. This will show employers that you are serious about pursuing a career in IT infrastructure engineering at Amazon and that you are knowledgeable about the company’s services.
4. Demonstrate problem-solving skills: Solving complex IT problems is a core part of being an Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer, so make sure to showcase any problem-solving skills you possess on your resume. Explain how you identified problems and then implemented solutions that improved efficiency and performance.
5. Include relevant keywords: As with most resumes, it is important to include relevant keywords throughout the document that are related to the position for which you are applying. This will help ensure that recruiters can easily find your resume when searching through potential candidates for the job opening.
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resumes
When applying for an IT Infrastructure Engineer opportunity at Amazon, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter. This is because the company utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter out resumes that do not contain the keywords associated with the job. By including relevant keywords in your application materials, you can increase your chances of being selected for further consideration by Amazon's hiring team.
When applying for IT Infrastructure Engineer positions at Amazon, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|System Administration||Windows Server|
|Cloud Computing||Active Directory|
|Storage Area Networks (SAN)||Security|
|Backup and Recovery||Scripting|
|Automation||Quality Assurance (QA)|
|Technical Support||Project Management|
|Documentation||Data Center Management|
Common Action Verbs for Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resumes
Using the same action verbs on your resume can make it appear monotonous and uninteresting. To create a compelling Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resume, it is important to include a variety of action verbs. This will help demonstrate your skills and abilities in a more engaging way. Try to use different words to describe similar actions, such as “implemented” instead of “installed” or “devised” instead of “designed”. Additionally, use verbs that accurately reflect the level of responsibility you held in each role, such as “managed” or “supervised” instead of simply “did”. By taking the time to find creative and descriptive words that showcase your abilities, you can make sure your Amazon IT Infrastructure Engineer Resume stands out from the competition.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to use in your resume and help you land your next interview: