Writing a great psychiatric nurse resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own psychiatric nurse resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the psychiatric nurse job you're after.
email@example.com | (440) 789-9334 | Sioux Falls, SD
I am a Psychiatric Nurse with over 1 year of experience working in an inpatient setting. I have a passion for helping those suffering from mental illness and providing them with the care and support they need to recover. I have a strong knowledge of psychiatric medications and their side effects, as well as how to properly administer them. I am also experienced in conducting group therapy sessions and individual counseling sessions.
Psychiatric Nurse Manager at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center, SDJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 psychiatric nurses in providing care to patients with mental illness.
- Implemented new policies and procedures that improved patient care and satisfaction ratings by 20%.
- Trained new staff on evidence-based practices for treating mental illness.
- Successfully advocated for additional funding from the hospital board to increase staffing levels.
- Negotiated contracts with managed care organizations to ensure adequate reimbursement rates for services provided.
- Chaired the hospital's Behavioral Health Task Force which developed recommendations for improving access to behavioral health services.
Psychiatric Nurse at Sanford USD Medical Center, SDJul 2021 - May 2022
- Successfully treated 100 patients with various mental health disorders.
- Successfully implemented a new treatment program that improved patient outcomes by 30%.
- Successfully advocated for increased funding for mental health services in the community.
- Served on the board of directors for the local chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA).
- Organized and led monthly support groups for families affected by mental illness.
- Presented at numerous conferences on topics related to psychiatric nursing.
Associate Degree in Nursing at South Dakota State University, SDSep 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, time management, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Mental health
- Social work
firstname.lastname@example.org | (281) 665-2626 | 1234 Random Street
I have over 1 year of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse. I am passionate about helping people who suffer from mental illness and providing them with the best possible care. I am experienced in conducting psychiatric assessments, developing treatment plans, and providing individual and group therapy. I am also skilled in crisis intervention and medication management.
Psychiatric Nurse Manager at Sutter Health, CAApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 psychiatric nurses in providing care to 75 patients with mental illness.
- Successfully implemented new policies and procedures that improved patient safety and satisfaction scores by 10%.
- Trained 5 new nurse managers on effective leadership techniques.
- Reduced staff turnover by 25% through targeted recruitment and retention initiatives.
Psychiatric Nurse at , CAJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Provided direct care to 15 patients with mental illness on a daily basis.
- Administered medication to patients as prescribed and monitored side effects.
- Conducted individual and group therapy sessions focused on coping skills, stress management, and anger control.
- Led weekly family support groups to provide education and resources for caregivers.
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary team members (psychiatrist, social worker, case manager) to develop treatment plans.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Santa Monica CollegeSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to provide high-quality and compassionate nursing care to patients while working collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team.
- Social Work