Writing a great professional nurse resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own professional nurse resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the professional nurse job you're after.
email@example.com | (613) 601-0159 | St. Paul, MN
I am a professional nurse with over three years of experience. I have worked in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and home health care. I have provided direct patient care, as well as supervision and education to patients and families. I am passionate about nursing and committed to providing high-quality care. I am experienced in caring for patients with chronic illnesses, complex medical needs, and end-of-life needs.
Professional Nurse at Allina Health, MNApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of nurses in providing care to 200 patients.
- Successfully completed 100 patient admissions.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in wound care, managing complex wounds and ostomies.
- Taught new graduate nurses proper assessment techniques.
- Precepted 20 students during their clinical rotation.
Associate Professional Nurse at Mayo Clinic, MNJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care by consistently receiving positive feedback from patients and families.
- Actively participated in daily rounds and bedside report to ensure continuity of care.
- Demonstrated initiative by developing and implementing new policies and procedures that improved workflow efficiency.
- Exhibited strong leadership qualities by mentoring newly licensed nurses on the unit.
- Consistently achieved high marks on annual performance evaluations.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Metropolitan State University, MNSep 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, time management, teamwork, and how to effectively communicate with patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Patient care
- Medication administration
- Infection control
firstname.lastname@example.org | (644) 967-6925 | Fairfax, VA
I am a professional nurse with over three years of experience. I have worked in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and home health care. I have gained valuable experience in caring for patients of all ages and backgrounds. I am passionate about providing high-quality patient care and working collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal patient outcomes. I am dedicated to lifelong learning and continually expanding my knowledge base to provide the best possible care for my patients.
Professional Nurse at Inova Fairfax Hospital, VAJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed 12-hour shifts in a high-pressure environment while caring for up to 8 patients at a time.
- Maintained patient satisfaction scores above 95% for the duration of employment.
- Successfully passed medication administration certification.
- Trained new staff on policies and procedures related to infection control and prevention.
- Assisted physicians with numerous complex medical procedures including but not limited to intubations, code blues, trauma resuscitations etc.
- Recognized by peers and superiors alike as an expert in the field of critical care nursing.
Associate Professional Nurse at Carilion Clinic, VAAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 5 nurses in providing care for 15 post-operative patients.
- Monitored patient vital signs and provided necessary interventions.
- Assisted with 2 surgeries.
- Administered medication to 10 patients.
- Wrote discharge summaries for 7 patients.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at George Mason UniversitySep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, time management, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Patient care
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Time management