Writing a great physical therapist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own physical therapist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the physical therapist job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (643) 639-3222 | Miami, FL
I am a physical therapist with over 1 year of experience helping patients regain mobility and function after injuries. I have worked in outpatient, inpatient, and home health settings, providing care to a diverse patient population. I am skilled in developing individualized treatment plans based on each patient's specific needs and goals. I am passionate about helping my patients improve their quality of life by restoring their ability to move independently and pain-free.
Physical Therapist at Nova Southeastern University, FLJun 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed a 12-week physical therapy program with an average of 4 patients per week.
- Successfully treated 85% of patients within the 12-week period and helped them improve their quality of life.
- Achieved a 97% satisfaction rating from patients.
- Worked closely with other health care professionals to develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
- Utilized various modalities such as heat, cold, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound to help relieve pain and promote healing.
- Instructed patients on proper exercises and stretching techniques to help prevent further injury and improve range of motion.
Physical Therapist Assistant at University of Florida, FLJul 2021 - May 2022
- Assisted in developing and implementing individualized treatment plans to restore, maintain and promote patients’ physical well-being.
- Provided direct patient care services including therapeutic exercises, manual therapy techniques and modalities.
- Monitored patients’ progress and communicated with Physical Therapists regarding changes or concerns.
- Educated patients/families on injury prevention, proper body mechanics and home exercise programs.
- Effectively managed time to ensure all assigned tasks were completed within scheduled timeframe.
- Maintained a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Doctor of Physical Therapy at University of FloridaSep 2016 - May 2021
How to effectively communicate with patients, how to work with a team of medical professionals, how to create and implement a treatment plan.
- Exercise physiology
email@example.com | (130) 419-8375 | Atlanta, GA
I am a highly experienced physical therapist with over 1 year of experience working in the field. I have worked with a variety of patients, ranging from those recovering from surgery to athletes looking to improve their performance. I am passionate about helping my patients reach their full potential and improving their quality of life. In addition to my clinical skills, I am also excellent at developing relationships with my patients and providing them with support and encouragement throughout their treatment journey.
Physical Therapist at Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, GAApr 2022 - Present
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing physical therapy programs that achieve positive outcomes for patients with a variety of conditions.
- Achieved high patient satisfaction ratings, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 over the course of 3 years.
- Reduced length of stay for acute care patients by an average of 2 days through early intervention and aggressive rehabilitation.
- Successfully treated 95%of patients within 6-8 weeks, meeting or exceeding departmental goals.
- Authored 5 articles on topics related to physical therapy best practices.
Physical Therapist Assistant at Grady Memorial Hospital, GASep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Assisted in developing and implementing treatment plans for patients with various physical disabilities.
- Conducted initial assessments of patients to determine their level of functioning and needs.
- Provided direct patient care, including therapeutic exercises, massage, and other modalities.
- Documented patient progress and communicated updates to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills by maintaining positive relationships with patients.
Doctor of Physical Therapy at Emory University, GAAug 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned include: critical thinking, time management, problem solving, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Exercise physiology