Writing a great paraprofessional resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own paraprofessional resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the paraprofessional job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (748) 579-5603 | Albuquerque, NM
I have over 1 year of experience working as a paraprofessional. I am responsible for assisting the teacher with instruction and providing support to students. I work closely with the Special Education team to ensure that all students are receiving the services they need. I am also responsible for supervising students in the classroom and on field trips.
Paraprofessional at Blue Tree Health, NMMay 2022 - Present
- Assisted in the development and implementation of an after-school program that served 100 students.
- Led a team of 5 paraprofessionals in providing daily support to 20 students with special needs.
- Created and implemented behavior intervention plans for 3 students with autism, resulting in a decrease in disruptive behaviors by 50%.
- Trained new staff members on proper procedures for handling student discipline issues.
- Monitored lunchroom safety for 200 elementary school students each day.
Paraprofessional II at Wellness Works, NMSep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Assisted in the development and implementation of an after-school program that served 50 students.
- Led small groups of 5-10 students during lunch and recess periods.
- Collaborated with teachers to develop individualized education plans for assigned students.
- Monitored student progress and communicated regularly with parents/guardians about student successes and challenges.
- Implemented behavior management strategies as directed by classroom teachers.
High School Diploma at Highland High School, NMAug 2017 - May 2021
I've learned to write well, to read and comprehend complex texts, and to think critically and analytically.
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
email@example.com | (416) 740-3724 | Portland, OR
I have over 1 year of experience working as a paraprofessional. I have worked with students of all ages and abilities, and have gained a strong understanding of the challenges they face in school. I am patient and compassionate, and my goal is to help every student succeed.
Paraprofessional at Northwest Paraprofessional Service, ORApr 2022 - Present
- Assisted in the development and implementation of an after-school program for at-risk youth.
- Mentored 10 students on a weekly basis, helping them to improve their grades and behavior.
- Led daily group activities and helped with homework assignments.
- Chaperoned 3 field trips per year.
- Assisted in developing Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for special needs students.
- Participated in monthly staff meetings to discuss student progress.
Paraprofessional II at Oregon Paraprofessional Association, ORAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of paraprofessionals in providing one-on-one instruction to students with disabilities, resulting in an increase in student achievement by X%.
- Developed and implemented Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities, ensuring that all goals and objectives were met.
- Monitored student progress and communicated regularly with parents/guardians on their child’s progress.
- Attended weekly meetings with teachers and administrators to discuss individual student needs and formulate plans for meeting those needs effectively.
High School Diploma at Oregon State University, ORAug 2016 - May 2021
I have learned to be organized, to set goals, and to manage my time.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Ability to work independently