Writing a great nurse educator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own nurse educator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the nurse educator job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (444) 695-6838 | Charlottesville, VA.
I am a nurse educator with over three years of experience in nursing education and healthcare. I have a passion for teaching and helping others, and I firmly believe that everyone has the potential to be great at something if they just set their mind to it. My goal is to help my students reach their full potential by providing them with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to succeed both academically and professionally. In addition to being an excellent teacher, I am also highly organized and motivated, which makes me an ideal candidate for any nursing education position.
Nurse Educator at Inova Fairfax Hospital, VAMay 2022 - Present
- Trained 100 new nurses on proper patient care techniques.
- Developed and implemented a new curriculum for the nursing program that improved pass rates by 20%.
- Led a team of 5 nurses in developing an educational campaign on wound care that resulted in a decrease in hospital-acquired infections by 10%.
- Presented at 3 national conferences on evidence-based teaching methods.
- Authored 2 articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
Assistant Nurse Educator at George Mason University, VAAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 5 nurses in developing and implementing a new patient education program which resulted in a decrease in the number of patients who required readmission within 30 days by 2%.
- Successfully implemented an evidence-based practice change project that decreased falls on the unit by 35% over 6 months.
- Authored 3 educational articles for nursing journals with circulation exceeding 20,000 readers.
- Presented at 4 national conferences on topics related to nurse education and professional development.
Master of Science in Nursing Education at George Mason UniversitySep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to design and implement educational programs for nursing students, how to assess student learning, and how to use technology to support nursing education.
- Critical Thinking
email@example.com | (923) 059-3029 | Trenton, NJ
I am a nurse educator with over three years of experience in the field. I have worked in both hospital and clinical settings, and have also taught nursing courses at the university level. My passion is for helping others to learn about and understand the importance of health care. In my role as a nurse educator, I work to instill this same passion in my students by providing them with an engaging learning environment where they can feel comfortable asking questions and exploring new ideas.
Nurse Educator at Rutgers University, NJMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of nurses in developing and implementing a new patient education program that resulted in a decrease in the length of hospital stays by an average of 2 days.
- Created and taught a continuing education course for nurses on evidence-based practice that was well received by attendees.
- Wrote an article for a nursing journal on effective teaching strategies for nurse educators which was published last year.
- Presented at several national conferences on various topics related to nursing education.
Assistant Nurse Educator at Seton Hall University, NJSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 nurses in developing and implementing a new patient education program that resulted in a decrease of 30% in the number of patients who did not understand their discharge instructions.
- Created an online resource library for nursing staff that increased access to evidence-based resources by 50%.
- Implemented a new orientation program for newly licensed RNs which reduced time to competency by 6 months.
- Developed and taught 10 continuing education courses for nursing staff on topics such as pain management, wound care, and palliative care.
Master of Science in Nursing Education at Rutgers University, NJAug 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are how to effectively communicate with others, how to manage my time, and how to be patient.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management