Writing a great nurse resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own nurse resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the nurse job you're after.
email@example.com | (590) 830-9525 | Omaha, NE
I have over three years of nursing experience, working in a variety of settings. I have provided care to patients of all ages, and am comfortable working with diverse populations. I am knowledgeable in evidence-based nursing practice, and have a strong commitment to providing quality patient care. I am an effective communicator, both oral and written, and possess excellent interpersonal skills. I work well independently as well as part of a team.
Staff Nurse at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska, NEMay 2022 - Present
- Provided direct patient care to 20 patients on a busy medical-surgical floor.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of new evidence-based protocols that decreased length of stay by 10%.
- Served as charge nurse on 3 occasions, successfully managing staffing and patient flow.
- Led educational in-services for nursing staff on various topics such as pain management and wound care.
- Precepted 4 new graduate nurses during their orientation period.
Registered Nurse at University of Nebraska Medical Center, NEJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and implemented new patient care protocols that increased patient satisfaction scores by 15%.
- Led a team of 5 nurses in providing direct care to 40 post-operative patients daily.
- Monitored vital signs, provided wound care, and administered medications for a caseload of 20 patients.
- Trained 10 new staff members on proper infection control procedures.
- Provided emotional support to families of terminally ill patients.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NESep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to work with patients, how to administer medication, and how to provide care for patients.
- Patient care
- Critical thinking
- Time management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (874) 082-2280 | Baltimore, MD
I am a highly experienced nurse with over three years of experience in the medical field. I have worked in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and private practices. I have gained invaluable knowledge and skills during my time as a nurse, and I am passionate about providing quality patient care. I am dedicated to promoting health and well-being through education and preventative measures, and I strive to create a positive healthcare experience for every patient that I encounter.
Staff Nurse at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, MDJun 2022 - Present
- Led the charge in establishing a new nurse-led clinic that saw an average of 20 patients per day.
- Averaged 10 patient admissions per shift with minimal complaints or errors.
- Maintained a 97% satisfaction rating from patients in post-op surveys.
- Trained 5 new nurses on proper protocol and procedures.
- Helped to reduce medication error rate by 35% through improved education and communication among staff.
Registered Nurse at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, MDAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Cared for an average of 20 patients per shift.
- Provided direct patient care, including administering medication and treatments, monitoring vital signs, and documenting progress in medical records.
- Collaborated with interdisciplinary team members to develop individualized care plans.
- Educated patients and families on disease process, self-care management, and discharge planning.
- Advocated for patients’ rights and best interests.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, MDAug 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, time management, and teamwork.
- Patient care
- Interpersonal skills