Writing a great mechanical technician resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own mechanical technician resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the mechanical technician job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (566) 077-0352 | Laramie, Wyoming
I am a highly skilled and experienced mechanical technician with over three years of experience working in the field. I have an excellent understanding of how to maintain and repair a variety of machinery, as well as troubleshooting skills when problems arise. My work is always carried out to the highest standards, and I pride myself on my attention to detail. Customers are always very satisfied with my workmanship. In addition to being a competent technician, I am also physically fit and able to handle heavy equipment safely.
Lead Mechanical Technician at Chevron, WYMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 mechanical technicians in repairing and maintaining HVAC systems for a 50-story office building.
- Reduced repair time by 30% on average by developing new work methods and procedures.
- Trained 2 new technicians on proper maintenance techniques, which resulted in increased efficiency and fewer customer complaints.
- Save the company an estimated $5,000 per month in labor costs by negotiating better rates with outside contractors.
- Developed a preventative maintenance program that reduced the number of unscheduled repairs by 20%.
Mechanical Technician II at ExxonMobil, WYJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Assembled and installed various types of mechanical equipment according to blueprints and specifications.
- Connected pipes and fittings, using welding, brazing, soldering techniques and hand tools.
- Inspected completed installations for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Readblueprints or other instructions to determine work requirements.
- Tested mechanical equipment after installation to ensure proper functioning.
- Repaired or replaced defective parts.
High School Diploma at Laramie High School, Laramie, WYAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned time management, organization, and study skills.
- CNC Machining
- Materials Science
email@example.com | (382) 673-2401 | Laramie, WY
I am a highly experienced mechanical technician with over three years of experience in the field. I have worked on a variety of machines and equipment, and have gained a deep understanding of how they work. I am able to troubleshoot problems quickly and efficiently, and have proven myself to be an asset to any team that I work with.
Lead Mechanical Technician at John Deere, WYMar 2022 - Present
- Installed and commissioned over 100 machines, including complex machinery such as CNC lathes and mills.
- Maintained a 97% uptime on all production equipment.
- Led a team of 12 technicians in the mechanical department.
- Trained new hires on proper machine maintenance procedures.
- Developed standard operating procedures for the maintenance department.
- Implemented an inventory management system that reduced spare parts costs by 10%.
Mechanical Technician II at Caterpillar, WYJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully installed over 500 end effectors on robotic arms, ensuring proper function and safety for employees.
- Utilized CAD software to design custom parts and fixtures for machines, often completing projects in less than 24 hours.
- Successfully completed preventative maintenance tasks on all machinery in the facility every week, without fail.
- On multiple occasions diagnosed issues with machines that other technicians were unable to solve, saving the company time and money.
- Worked closely with engineers to develop new methods of production which increased efficiency by 15%.
- Trained 5 new hires in machine operation and safety procedures.
High School Diploma at Laramie High School, Laramie, WYSep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned to be organized, to manage my time, and to study independently.
- CNC Programming