Writing a great math teacher resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own math teacher resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the math teacher job you're after.
email@example.com | (861) 284-6907 | Portland, ME
I am a math teacher with over five years of experience teaching in both middle and high school settings. I have a proven track record of success in helping students improve their mathematical skills, and have been recognized by my peers for my dedication to quality instruction. I am passionate about mathematics education, and believe that all students can learn at a high level if they are given the right opportunities. In addition to being an effective classroom teacher, I also have experience developing curriculum and designing instructional materials.
Math Teacher at Mathnasium, MEMar 2022 - Present
- Taught a group of 30 students math concepts and saw an average increase in grades by 3%.
- Led a professional development for fellow teachers on best practices for teaching math.
- Wrote and published a textbook on innovative ways to teach mathematics.
- Presented at a national conference on new methods for incorporating technology into themath classroom.
- Created and implemented district-wide curriculum changes that resulted in higher testscores in mathematics.
Assistant Math Teacher at Kumon Math and Reading Center, MESep 2017 - Jan 2022
- Assisted in the development and implementation of new math curriculum for the school district.
- Helped to improve test scores for students in mathematics by providing one-on-one tutoring and small group instruction.
- Created innovative lesson plans that engaged students and helped them to better understand mathematical concepts.
- Presented at a conference on effective teaching strategies for helping struggling math students succeed.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at University of Maine, MESep 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to solve mathematical problems and how to think logically.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (605) 981-6586 | Newark, NJ
I am a math teacher with over three years of experience teaching students in grades 6-12. I have a strong passion for mathematics and enjoy helping my students learn and grow in their understanding of the subject. I have developed excellent classroom management skills and create engaging, differentiated lessons that meet the needs of all learners. I am committed to continuous professional growth and work collaboratively with colleagues to improve student learning outcomes.
Math Teacher at Math Teacher at Bergen County Technical Schools, NJMar 2022 - Present
- Taught a group of students how to factor equations in order to solve them.
- Explained to a class of 30 students the different types of quadratic equation and how they can be solved.
- Led a lesson on using basic algebraic methods to solving complex math problems.
- Showed a class of 20 students how geometry can be used in real-world scenarios.
- Demonstrated for a group of 10 students various ways that trigonometry is utilized.
- Presented an engaging lesson on statistics for a class 50 people.
Assistant Math Teacher at Math Teacher at Hudson County Community College, NJAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully created and implemented lesson plans for 6th grade math students.
- Taught concepts such as fractions, decimals, percents, geometry, and basic algebraic equations.
- Adapted teaching methods to fit the needs of each individual student in order to help them succeed.
- Maintained a positive and encouraging classroom environment that was conducive to learning.
- Regularly communicated with parents about their child’s progress and ways they could support at home.
- Received excellent reviews from both students and parents alike.
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at Rutgers University, NJSep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned to think logically and critically, to solve problems effectively, and to communicate mathematical concepts clearly.