Writing a great logistics planner resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own logistics planner resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the logistics planner job you're after.
email@example.com | (817) 072-8655 | Omaha, NE
I am a Logistics Planner with over 3 years of experience in the industry. I have experience working with various logistics software programs and have a strong understanding of supply chain management principles. I am an excellent communicator and have superb organizational skills.
Senior Logistics Planner at BNSF Railway, NEJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 planners in developing and implementing a new logistics planning system that increased efficiency by 25%.
- Implemented a new inventory management system that reduced inventory levels by $10 million.
- Developed and implemented a transportation management system that saved the company $2 million per year.
- Negotiated with vendors to reduce costs by 10%.
- Created an employee training program that resulted in a 50% reduction in errors.
Logistics Planner II at Union Pacific Railroad, NEAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated and secured discounts with vendors which saved the company $15,000 annually.
- Implemented a new inventory management system which reduced stock levels by 10%.
- Coordinated the delivery of goods to 3 international locations within tight timeframes.
- Planned and executed the smooth transition of operations to a new warehouse facility.
- Reviewed and updated SOPs for all logistics processes.
Bachelor of Science in Logistics Planning at University of Nebraska-LincolnAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to manage and coordinate the storage and transportation of goods.
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Planning and Coordinating Ability
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Research skills
- Time management skills
- Multitasking ability
firstname.lastname@example.org | (532) 030-0365 | Raleigh, NC
A hardworking and motivated individual with over three years of experience in logistics planning. I have a proven track record in developing efficient logistical plans, ensuring the smooth running of operations and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients. My key strengths include my ability to think strategically, strong communication skills and my attention to detail. I am looking for a challenging role where I can utilise my skillset and continue to develop professionally.
Senior Logistics Planner at XPO Logistics, NCMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 planners in developing and implementing supply chain solutions for a $1B company.
- Achieved on-time delivery performance of 97% for 12 consecutive months.
- Reduced inventory levels by 20% while maintaining customer service levels at 98%.
- Implemented new planning software that improved order accuracy from 85% to 95%.
- Negotiated transportation contracts that saved the company $500,000 annually.
- Managed warehouse operations for 3 facilities totaling 1 million square feet.
Logistics Planner II at UPS, NCJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated with vendors to lower shipping costs by 10%, saving the company $100,000 annually.
- Implemented a new inventory management system that reduced stock levels by 15%.
- Coordinated the movement of 500+ shipments per day and ensured on-time delivery.
- Planned and executed the logistics for a major conference with 10,000 attendees.
- Trained and mentored 3 junior planners in all aspects of freight forwarding and customs clearance procedures.
Bachelor of Science in Logistics Planning at North Carolina State UniversitySep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to manage and plan the efficient transportation and storage of goods.
- Logistics planning
- Supply chain management
- Inventory management
- Transportation management
- Warehouse management
- Distribution center operations
- Manufacturing logistics